[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honda CRX worth?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1145.jpg (962KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1145.jpg
962KB, 2048x1536px
Hey /o/,

I'm in Australia.
What's the worth of a clean 1987 CRX with minimal rust, all oem, good condition DOHC D16A8 motor with 233k's and a well kept service history with only 2 owners since new?

Owner is asking $6k.
What's your opinion /o/?
>>
>>16980953
pic is 88-91 aka second gen, the D16A8 is the stock engine for the Si model
I'd pay around $3-5k usd

t. owner of 2 crx
>>
>>16981968
Thanks.
I'm still on the fence about it as he is firm on $5k.
It doesn't have a sunroof or moonroof surprisingly, so would that make it a HF or DX model? Since SI = Sunroof Included?

Overall I personally really like it and think it's a barn find.
But I just can't justify the price as I don't see many for sale for over the $4k mark.
>>
>>16982222
Not sure but I think the '88 Si was sunroof optional, either that or it's not Si

With the miles it has, $5k a bit much, but it looks clean based on the picture so you could do a fun engine swap and have a reliable car that looks good. And I don't know how the market for these are in Australia but its rare to find one that's not trashed. If you're frequently catching these for sale.. my advice is to wait for "the one." Good luck!
>>
>buying anything Honda other than a lawnmower
>>
>>16982793
I appreciate your advice.
I've been looking for a while, Unfortunately they aren't very frequent as I'd hope.
But I'll make an offer and hope he'll see reason.
Cheers.
>>
Miles or KM's? I don't know what the Honda market in Australia but I'd say that thing is worth more like $3k.

As a burger I don't see why your not
going for one of the cool JDM SiR models with a B16a
>dat 8000 rpm redline
>>
Also there is no DOHC d series, some still had vtec though
>>
>>16982859
It has 233XXXKM's on the D16A8 motor.
Yeah, that's why I'm trying to justify $5k at the moment.

That is a valid point.
But it's rare for someone in Australia to sell their B-Series CRX.
If they do sell, it's always snatched up fast.
>>
the audm crx is different from the american line
the d16a8 is from the euro market, an export version of the zc the jap SI had * i think*

no sunroof is a plus in my opinion because youve got less to worry about with leaks and other shit going wrong
5k is steep for the kms its got, im assuming thats the one in queensland so if you cant get it down below 5 or manage to get to vic to grab the red one for 2k id wait
>>
File: IMG_1149.jpg (738KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1149.jpg
738KB, 2048x1536px
>>16982861
Thanks for the input.
I think the ZC engines here are,
Here's a photo of the engine.
>>
>>16982876
I couldn't agree more.
I was on this like hot cakes, because I've never seen a moon roof one or one without a Sunroof.
I've had a Sunroof one in the past and it was a nightmare.

Id really hope the seller would come to his senses and take my offer, only due to the convenience of location.

But I'll still consider the red one in Vic.
which site is it advertised on? Carsales?Gumtree?
Cheers.
>>
So what would people normally pay for a CRX in this condtion?
>>
>>16982967
carsales
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.