[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yay or nay? It's '07 Are rotaries unreliable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170407-190143~2.png (3MB, 1440x2078px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170407-190143~2.png
3MB, 1440x2078px
Yay or nay? It's '07

Are rotaries unreliable?
>>
>>16973216
>Power of a v6
>mpg of a v8
>no torque.
C5 vette is better in every way.
>>
Only buy if you have the knowledge to rebuild your engine every year.
But according to /o/ this is NO BIG DEAL.
>>
06+ is when they stopped being pieces of shit.

As long as you do regular maintenance, oil changes every 3k, don't use synthetic as it doesn't mix well with fuel and can cause more carbon buildup than normal.

Always make sure to top up the oil since it gets injected into the housings for lubrication.

Change the coolant every 30k.
>>
>>16973227
>Only buy if you have the knowledge to rebuild your engine every year.

I've owned an 05 for 3 years, all I've done is replace plugs/wires, oil changes, coolant changes, changed the gear oil in trans and diff.

No issues.
>>
>no

If you're shopping for an RX8, especially a non-R3, you probably can't afford to own a RX8. This isn't an insult; these cars are very expensive to own. I've had friends that were lured in by the low selling price, only to have theirs spending most of the time parked.

This car isn't worth it. Don't buy it op.
>>
>>16973224
>C5 vette
>Double the price of a rx-8 or more
I'm poor dude
>>
buy the black miato in the background instead
>>
Buy one with engine issues
Put in a non shit engine
Enjoy maximum comfy
>>
>>16973292
Then you can't afford an rx8 either. Shut up and buy a civic for 3k.
>>
>>16973216

Buy it.

Enjoy it.

Learn to work on it.

Rebuilds and oil consumption are a fact of life.

You can change the engine in 4 hours with practice.

Replacements are cheap
>>
>>16973236
Pretty much this.

I've had mine (2008) for years, and it gives me no problems.

In addition to what anon said, all I do is:
>drive often
>let it warm up before revving it
>redline it at least once per drive
>>
>>16973224
Objectively wrong
>>16973227
Ignorant statement and wrong
>>
If your a fucking idiot, buy a rotary platform.
>>
>>16974123
Wow. Sure proved some things to me with that post.
I will immediately sell my Rx7s because of your considerable knowledge in this post.
Thank you anon.
>>
>>16973227
Literally the only thing you have to do to reach regular performance level reliability is to install metallic apex seals
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.