[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They fucked it up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: ttameuckkziq8g3fe1tt.jpg (37KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
ttameuckkziq8g3fe1tt.jpg
37KB, 636x358px
They fucked it up.
>>
Yeah it has only 205 hp the si lol, it may compete pretty well with the GTI and focus st
>>
>>16966711
It also looks pretty bad. The GTI looks the best in black imo.
>>
>>16966697
Yes they did.
>1.5L turbo
WTF were they thinking?
The L-series engine has no aftermarket support.

What they SHOULD'VE done is detune the Civic Type R's 2.0L Turbo to about 250 HP. The K-series already has aftermarket support and companies wouldn't bee so leery of supporting the engine.

Aftermarket support has always been a selling point for previous SI cars.
>>
File: 1.5t 93 tune.jpg (221KB, 1583x638px) Image search: [Google]
1.5t 93 tune.jpg
221KB, 1583x638px
>>16966755
just a tune and its at 250 crank bud
>>
>>16966784
>1.5L
>just crank it to 250
I don't think you realize what you're saying. The Chevy Cruze and Sonic scene had a hard time getting more than 200 HP from the 1.4L Turbo until aftermarket forged internals came about. I'm gonna say that the L15 Turbo is about at the limit of what its components can handle at the moment.
>>
>>16966784
And im at least grateful that they gave it the larger turbo not from the base civic. these should be around 300whp/340ft.lbs with bolt ons and a tune
>>
>>16966755

And it still will be. The Civic Type-R is expensive, there will be a lot of Si owners - 25k is the sweet that targets both mildly successful ricers and desperate kids that will get leases and loans they can't afford just to drive a sports cars.

You better believe there will be tunes and shit galore for this car.
>>
>>16966789
can you not read a fucking graph. 22owhp is about 250 after drivetrain losses. this was a simple 93octane tune. this isnt a cheppy sonic i4
>>
>>16966794
>You better believe there will be tunes and shit galore for this car.
I'll believe it when I see it. The Honda L-series has been around for well over a decade and aftermarket support is virtually nonexistent. A turbo version really isn't going to change that.
>>
>>16966798
>this isnt a cheppy sonic i4
You're right. The Chevy will make more power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cFOFgHjQT4
>>
>>16966697
I like it
>>
>>16966697

It still looks better than that CTR autistic abomination thats coming out.
>>
>>16966720
true but that vag reliability

And problem for the Focus ST imo is the Fiesta ST is a smaller, sportier package for several grand less.
>>
File: Untitled.png (543KB, 1266x707px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
543KB, 1266x707px
Does this mean it's going to be lighter than the EX-T? They don't say what it's lighter than.
>>
It has an LSD, which makes it miles better than the "fuck your brakes" e-"lsd" that the STs have. I forgot if the GTI has a proper LSD but even then, I wouldn't touch the flimsy DSG at all.
Shitposting aside
>buying a post 2005 hot hatch
>>
>>16968263
>performance improvement in comparison to the 2015 Civic Si
>>
Good talk you guys.
>>
the styling looks great, im loving it

but holy shit its humongous, its pretty much a full size sedan at this point
>>
hmm
>>
>>16966697
>They fucked it up.
That applies to every auto manufacturer that has shat out some excuse for a "vehicle" since the mid-2000's.
>>
>>16966697
Anyone else sort of sad that they turbocharged it? To me Honda's thing has always been reliable NA 4-cylinder power.

The S2000 made 240HP from an NA 2.0, something like that in the Civic Si would have been cool. Maybe save the turbo for the Type-R.
>>
>>16972200
High HP NA 4 cylinder cars are dead anon.

I can't think of a NA 4 cylinder that makes more power than the 86 these days.
>>
>>16972200
To Honda's credit, they really held out for as long as possible. And the S2000 engine was incredible, but you payed for it. $35k msrp starting in 2009 money, or just under $40k in 2017 money if you adjust for inflation.

Honda says they're targeting mid 20k for the SI, so probably just under the Touring in terms of pricing.

HP is disappointing, but the EX-T put a little over 200bhp on the dyno stock, so I imagine Honda is either underrating this again or reporting whp.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.