[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im trying to buy this civic for $1500. the issues are that it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Im trying to buy this civic for $1500. the issues are that it needs a ac belt and the mileage, its 201,000. is that too many miles on it or should i still consider it. Honda owners please reply.
>>
>>16961544
90s civic 200k miles should be expected. It'll still run ok but expect to find a lot of parts that need replacing.
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
36KB, 480x360px
>>16961544
With a couple of simple mods, this thing can smoke anything. So go for it.
>>
>>16961544
Check that the timing belt has been done recently. Also listen for valve clicking. Valve clicking noises isn't bad but for a newbie a timing belt change will be difficult. A timing belt could run 600-1200 depending on mechanic. I would not pay more than a grand on a good day if everything else was perfect.
>>
>>16961555
trips said so anon you must now
>>
this is the listing for it https://www dot facebook dot com marketplace/ permalink/267891007002197
What i really wanna know is how long I can expect it to last before I need to fix it.
>>16961552
Which ones are the most common to break at that point?

>>16961560
so basic maintenance for an engine i could do that
>>
>>16961587
Looks like a good deal to me. If it's truly all stock expect to have worn out bushings all around but that only affects the ride quality. A good start for upgrades if that's what you plan on doing. My 5th gen hatch has been going strong almost two years. Only done the timing belt and head gasket as far as major maintenance goes. It's a tank and gets 30mpg city.
>>
>>16961601
guy says the last oil change and timing belt were at 194k so about 7k ago. I would be getting it with the intention of driving too and from work all summer. Only thing holding me back is the chance that its gonna break before i have enough money saved back up to repair it.
>>
>>16961544
>buying any car with more than 100k miles
>>
>>16961647
If he used synthetic it should be fine. I've been experimental with my oil changes and did up to 12k using Mobil 1 Full Synthetic. They say up to 15k miles of life on it so I gave it a shot. Timing belt change is good so you shouldn't have much at all to worry about. It'll last through the summer no sweat. Just try all the gears at a high RPM and check for any bad synchros.

Mine has been delivering pizza five days a week for nearly two years and it rarely fails me.
>>
>>16961672
im doing my best to find a good car for around 1400, sometimes you gotta settle for high mileage, bad paint or what not.

>>16961681
hm i see. I would change the oil asap anyways to make sure its all good. ill check on the oil type but he had also just said the bushings seem to be ok, that doesnt mean much but better than shot. When yours does fail what is the usual problem with it?
>>
>>16961705
Usually it'll just ride a bit rough. Can easily live with them but swapping them with polyurethane bushings makes the car overall ride a lot better. Though when taking out stock bushings that involves a lot of cutting, fire, and sometimes a press. I wouldn't bother with it unless you plan on modding it.

Mine had been modified before I bought it so all the stock bushings were mostly gone and already had poly bushings. Even those were worn out though so I put new ones in which is very easy.
>>
>>16961725
ah i see. ive done bushings on my rx7 fc before this and its always a bigger ordeal getting them in than getting them. im sure that my lack of racing and abusing it would make the stock bushings last quite a bit longer.
>>
>Midori Green

Dude hell yeah, buy that shit
>>
>>16961867
I never had many issues getting them in on mine. Just had to line them up right and smash them with a mallet. They should be fine as is, though.
>>
>>16962208
well from all of this im going to at least check it out. I will need to be very picky about it and any weird noises, rev it close to redline at least once and basically just check for anything else that looks bad. If I do get it first order of business is a fresh oil and coolant change. maybe tires if it needs them. Thanks for your help anon, is there any other words of advice or caution to pass along?

>>16962199
according to those dubs you just got it looks like i have...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.