[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tires General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: gy_eag_f1_asy2_pdpcrop.jpg (69KB, 420x460px) Image search: [Google]
gy_eag_f1_asy2_pdpcrop.jpg
69KB, 420x460px
How does /o/ feel about these:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+F1+Asymmetric+2&partnum=245YR7F1A2V2OLD&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

$66 for max performance summers is not a bad deal at all.
>>
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=Direzza+ZII+Star+Spec&partnum=86HR4Z2SS&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Toyota&autoYear=1988&autoModel=MR2&autoModClar=

I'd like to know a little about these for track or daily use.
>>
File: Profil_OPENCOUNTRYMT[1].jpg (516KB, 1000x1519px) Image search: [Google]
Profil_OPENCOUNTRYMT[1].jpg
516KB, 1000x1519px
Looking at getting myself a set of these this summer, either in 31x10.5 or 32x11.5. Any experiences?

>>16961302
I've heard decent things about those

>>16961311
Track - probably quite good, its an AA-traction rated tire
Daily - it'll give you plenty of dry grip, but expect mediocre performance in the wet and some noise
>>
>>16961302
Michelins are the best.
>>
>>16961357
>but expect mediocre performance in the wet and some noise

I figured this for those Direzzas. great track tire though.
>>
>>16961359
Well... yeah, but when a great deal presents itself you cant ignore. it.

I picked up 4 of the $66 tires at the warehouse. cant beat that deal.
>>
>>16961357
What gears do your axles have? That could determine what size tires you can have without losing performance

That said, I prefer narrower and taller tires to wider ones, so I would get the 31s unless the 32s come in a narrower width (10.5) You will have a lot of tire noise and they'll wear quickly because they're mudt terrains. They'll also lack on road manners. Each inch you go up, either in width or height you will lose a mile to the gallon
>>
>>16961357
>>16961366
Cool, that's all awesome to know.

I have a truck for when it rains but I was just looking to see if I had any good tires in my MR2s stock size or if I would need to get some different wheels and deal with that mess
>>
File: 20160823_131714_resized_1.jpg (412KB, 1256x707px) Image search: [Google]
20160823_131714_resized_1.jpg
412KB, 1256x707px
>>16961375
Fuck if I can remember, I think its 4.10 perhaps

Losing a little bit of performance isn't that much of an issue - I never really do above 60mph, and the very few times I do I'll just have to deal with it. This is mostly to improve my performance on the rougher roads and during light offroading, aswell as the fact that 225/75/16 "looks" a bit too small

Road manners isn't much trouble either - I'm mostly on either really rough, worn and holey asphalt, gravel or worse
>>
>>16961435
Oh dude if you've got 4.10s you should be golden up to 33s I think without losing a ton of performance. The open country is basically a BFG Mud Terrain lookalike with some more siping.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/off-road/gear-ratio-tire-diameter.aspx

I still prefer the 31s because they're narrower.
>>
Loud trash that don't even grip that well.

Get the new Firestone Indy 500s.
>>
>>16961302
They are 4 years old already op. Don't expect them to last.
>>
>2013 production

don't do it, dumbass
>>
>>16961589
>>16961730

You guys realize lots of cars run tires 4 years old right? My freinds 2011 fusion is still on the tires it came with.

But here's the deals, I plan to use these up fullu this season so longevity isnt key here. ill swap back to my all seasons after summer.

these are just cheap "expensive" summer tires that only need to last a few months. I plan to fully wring out my car (Golf GTI APR 93 tuned)
>>
there is a difference between
>driving on 4 year old tires
and
>buying 4 year old tires

then again, a moron like you probably doesnt care
>>
File: raaaa.jpg (52KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
raaaa.jpg
52KB, 500x337px
>>16961302
>Tires General
just buy decent cheap used tires for $40 each and rotate in and out

simple
>>
File: 1402442557599.jpg (68KB, 634x762px) Image search: [Google]
1402442557599.jpg
68KB, 634x762px
>>16961776
supports local businesses too

fuck paying $400+ min for a set of tires your shit box definitely doesn't need
>>
>>16961372
Yes you can. You should buy the best instead of the cheapest. They're probably ancient.
>>
>>16961357
I work at a tire shop, Toyo open country's are a pretty good tire. Toyo makes tires that balance out extremely well, one of the smoothest tires out there next to Michelin. Tread wear isn't the best but you can't expect 60k miles out of an agressive tire.

I would recommend them. If not Toyo's look into MasterCraft, they make really good tires also. If you got any questions just ask.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.