[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1997 buick lesabre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 39177174001_original.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
39177174001_original.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
so my neighbor is a 75 year old man and he asked me to help figure out why his buick wont start

its turns over and cranks but wont fire and turn on he replaced the battery because he thought it was the battery but it isnt.

i turned the ignition on and it sounds like the fuel pump is priming fuel. any ideas you guys could point me in the right direction to help him out?

i dont know shit about american cars my experience is honda and subaru. any help is appreciated

3800 1997 buick lesabre
>>
Drain the gas and refuel with fresh gas.
Jump start the car.
>>
>>16960884
i dont think its a fuel problem because i initially thought it was the fuel pump.

the battery is brand new i dont need to jump start it
>>
Check the ignition system
>>
>>16960871
Check the catalytic converter
>>
Check the crackshaft position sensor, it's right by the crankshaft pully for the serpentine belt. You will have to take off the passanger front wheel to get to it easily.

I don't want to say for certian, but it's possible.
>>
>>16960871
Try turning the key from off to the on position (don't start it) 10 times. Could be that the fuel pump is almost gone and not building pressure. If theres a shrader valve at the end of the fuel rail then check if that sprays fuel out

Pull off the lead that goes from the ignition module to the dizzy cap, hold an insulated screwdriver close to it and see if it arcs. Alternatively pull out a spark plug, reattach wire and see if it sparks.

Its 5:30am here and thats all I can think of for now
>>
>>16960887
Replace gas anyway.
Replace oil and oil filter.
>>
>>16960897
>crackshaft
Fuck off autocorrect. Fucker doesn't know what a crankshaft is.
>>
>>16960897
i think it might be the sensor. i wish i had more tools on me, all my tools are at the dealership i work it which is 60 miles away.

i need to check it with multimeter correct?
>>16960899
couldnt i use a spark tester?
>>16960900
ill change his oil
>>
>>16960871
Check the spark plugs, wires, ignition coils and ignition module. In that order. Somewhere in there is your problem.
>>
>>16960913
>spark tester

>having the right tools for the job
Pleb
>>
>>16960931
like i said all my tools are at work pleb
>>
>>16960871
Tell your neighbor to LS4 swap daz shit #braizeit420
>>
>>16960871
>3800
Great engines, but everythign bolted to it is pure garbage. I'm gonna say his ignition pack is fucked?
>>
No compression because Dexcool ate the head gaskets.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.