[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: bmw.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bmw.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
I'm getting tired of the beige interior in my BMW. Thinking of heading to an upholstery shop at some point to change the color of the interior. Anyone know what this might cost me?

Kinda a stupid question but would the shop just dye the leather seats?
>>
>>16958391
I wouldn't do it, it'll ruin the resale
>>
>>16958780
I bought the car used and plan to drive it for years, I'm not so worried about the resale.
>>
>>16961075
Sell the car and buy the interior color you want.
>>
For a new BMW like that, don't bother.

For my E30, I was able to change the interior color by just changing the door cards and seats. I got black floor mats, but that wasn't really even a big deal.
>>
>>16958391
No idea what a shop would charge but you could do it yourself if you take the time
Either buy all the parts in the color you want off ebay/ junkyard car or watch some youtube vids on how to repaint interior trim. Repaint will be cheaper and you can obviously use any color you like.
Also black leather seats are hell in summer
>>
>>16961263
outta curiousity, how much time / money did that cost you? I've gotten the black floor mats already.
>>
>>16962830
Not much time at all.
Was kinda expensive but not outrageous. Door cards were like $300 for both doors and the rear panels
Seats were $800 for the front and rear.
I got a pretty good deal I think.
>>
>>16963292
Not bad at all! Thanks for sharing. I've seen some stuff about using leather dye on the seats, but not sure I feel that comfortable with it.
>>
File: 20170217_165342-1.jpg (953KB, 1928x2593px) Image search: [Google]
20170217_165342-1.jpg
953KB, 1928x2593px
>>16963356
I had some tan seat covers that I sold to a guy with a black interior. They were vinyl and he dyed them black.
Here's before
>>
File: Attach8964_20170305_085144.jpg (335KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Attach8964_20170305_085144.jpg
335KB, 960x1280px
>>16963421
And after
>>
>>16963421
>>16963446
Damn, that came out looking pretty good. I'm definitely gonna take a closer look into that.
>>
Buy interior pieces in color you want on ebay, sell pieces from your car that you take-off on ebay. Should be essentially an even trade depending on the availability of pieces.

This thread has been up for nearly 21 hours with you some of you retards telling him to sell the car or dye the seats, and no one suggested selling the interior pieces he already owns to buy used ones he wants.
>>
>>16963628
You can't sell the dash
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.