[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lexus ISF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: isf.jpg (688KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
isf.jpg
688KB, 1920x1200px
/o/

Thoughts on the ISF? Looking to get one with around 90k miles for around $20k. Ever owned one? If so do you like it? What else would you get in that price range

>inb4 M3 is better

I'm planning on owning this for a while and don't want to go broke from service costs

Let me hear your opinions
>>
>>16957528
>I'm planning on owning this for a while and don't want to go broke from service costs

Then you probably shouldn't buy an expensive car with 90k miles. use your brain asshole.
>>
>>16957528
If it were my dollar I'd try to find one with less miles. 90k is high for the modern-appliance generation, let alone the high performance model
>>
>>16957528
For 20k? I think there's something wrong with it
>>
>>16957528
They eat brakes and tires. Don't think for a second that the L on the hood means you can treat it like a 1990 camry.

Outside of that, they might had been romped on pretty hard (or they could had been driven dearly) Don't buy based on mileage. Buy based on owner and service history. Don't buy an ISF that has had four different owners in Guido-land New Jersey or in Hmong gangsterville Cali from a sketchy lot. Do buy a single-owner car from the dealer in Westport, CT.

It will treat you much better than an M3 or S4. But every faggot with an M3 or S4 will want to show you how much cooler they are than you.

It's a small little fucker, rides kinda hard for a lexus, has shit turning radius, and doesn't go anywhere in snow.

These cars are $30k still in my area. I'd be leery of anything that cheap, but if a dealer is selling it, I'd be comfortable.
>>
>>16957581
Off topic a bit, but s4 are so so cheap right now... one can be had with 60k for $10k, maybe a little more. Just *how bad* can they possibly be?
>>
Do not get a 2008-2010 god damn it they suck
source; owned a 2012 ISF
>>
Oh and parts are expensive af more so than my AMG
Good luck
>>
>>16957581
$30k? Everything in my area is much cheaper unless its like new

>Outside of that, they might had been romped on pretty hard (or they could had been driven dearly) Don't buy based on mileage. Buy based on owner and service history. Don't buy an ISF that has had four different owners in Guido-land New Jersey or in Hmong gangsterville Cali from a sketchy lot. Do buy a single-owner car from the dealer in Westport, CT.

Would be very cautious of that, the one I'm looking at is one owner, all service records

>It's a small little fucker, rides kinda hard for a lexus, has shit turning radius, and doesn't go anywhere in snow.

It seems bigger than most sport sedans like M3s and S4s, and I don't really have to worry about snow, sports cars seem to be cheaper where I live because everyone wants a tiny dick truck
>>
>>16957528
>I won't buy a bmw with fewer miles
>i'll buy a high mileage lexus that will need it's brembos replaced soon to the tune of around 1600 bucks
>i want a sporty sedan to be engaged in the driving experience but i don't want a manual
>>
>>16957739
What exactly made you not like it?
>>
>>16957771
I have a buddy with an E92 335i, he hates it and wants to get rid of it.

Can't argue much on the brakes but thats what the thread is for

I've dailyed a manual for the past couple of years, just want something more convenient without losing the entire sport aspect
>>
>>16957793
then save your money and buy a mint one. later years are better on pretty much every car.
>>
File: 1466390855242.jpg (3MB, 2926x1709px) Image search: [Google]
1466390855242.jpg
3MB, 2926x1709px
>>16957775
It was not particularly great at anything.
Quick, but you really have to put your foot in it to get it going. 8 speed is kind of retarded. Electronic throttle is autistic, even with an Apexi throttle controller in attempt to fine tune it

This isn't your average pre-2006 Lexus where shit is cheap and everywhere. At 40k miles my struts felt like shit, $800 for OEM struts, not including strut mounts. Even if you are capable of doing much of the work yourself, it's not as cheap as you're probably imagining.

If you want to spend $20k on things with 90k miles I'll sell you a 700hp AMG ;)
>>
isf is meh
if you want a reliable car that's decently fast and comfortable get is350 instead
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.