[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will your favorite brand survive the autonomous electric era? >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 311px-Bugatti_logo.svg.png (22KB, 311x165px) Image search: [Google]
311px-Bugatti_logo.svg.png
22KB, 311x165px
Will your favorite brand survive the autonomous electric era?

>no
>>
>>16957073
The only reason i can see Buggati, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc not surviving such an era is if human driven cars were outright banned making the market for even the novelty of them outright illegal otherwise these brands should survive just so rich people can say: "i own this and the rest of the world doesn't"
>>
I always hear people talking about "the happening" when it comes to ICE being out right banned/illegal. Everytime, I just roll my eyes.

Heavily taxed, maybe. Price of gasoline making them impractical, sure. No longer legal to produce, I can see that. But the government banning the use of personal property, with 100 years of history and production? Not happening. Even if they make some crazy law, they can't really expect people to turn in their vehicles.

Even vehicles that blatantly contradicts EPA laws are driven on the road legally. They just have to either be; originally sold without these guidelines in place, or just have existed for over 25 years (murica classic car laws).
>>
>>16957186
>banned
>running costs too high for any normal person to have a car

result is almost the same
>>
to make it go sanik fast with electricity, they'll just attach a towable power station behind it (enclosed in an aerodynamic shell) to provide the power necessary to get it up to 500 mph
>>
>>16957229
*to own a manually driving car/ICE car
>>
>>16957186
yeah this.

actually the way i see it,itll actually be better for ICE. whats the last mode of transportation that got phased out? horses! And you can still take your horse out. for one there's trials and shit (and I could see there being more race tracks being built and more events for driving happening because people will still have their cars but wont really be driving on the street due to taxes - however theyre gonna still want to drive now and then, so youd get a lot more money from people looking to drive on tracks from folks who currently wouldnt ever do it) but its still legal to go wherever the fuck you want with horses in most places. highway, variable, but at least out on the street now and then if you really want. and we are like 100 years past when they became obsolete. by the time we'd be at this point with ICE cars, yall gonna be dead.
>>
>>16957186
I think it will be more along the line "convert it to this eco fuel or face S K Y H I G H prices". And everyone will be happy. We will be able to keep our completely manual cars and the eco people will be able to claim that no harm is done. It's a win-win that might last for long time.

The only thing that might ban cars is if they were discredited in like a series of "Terrorist used MANUAL cars in order to attack X" or "Armed robbery with MANUAL cars". Then we are fucked and the government wins again.
>>
>>16957073
> Bugatti
Return to their roots with luxury cars for the super-exclusive.

> Ford
Easily.
>>
>>16957186
>implying they won't stop making gasoline and make other industrial petrochemicals instead
>implying they won't ban the sale of gasoline to get public
>implying they won't ban regular cars from public roads
ffs there's cities in Europe that already ban cars of certain age from circulating
>>
>>16957186
I'm guessing that a few of the oppressive-progressive yuro-peon states might ban ICE vehicles outright (assuming that they have a chance to do so before "Eurabia" becomes more reality than hyperbole).

For the most part, though, I'd say you're right. Most of the civilized world probably won't have to bother. Rather than taxation or fuel costs, though, I'd wager that it'll be insurance costs that put "manual" vehicle operation on public roads out of reach of the average person. By the time autonomous vehicles are deemed "safe" for normal use, they will probably be so much safer than human drivers that the insurance risk model will be completely upended in favor of self-driving cars.

It's harder to say what will happen to fuel prices over the same time period; obviously it's difficult to predict how well electric vehicle technology will advance going forward. I think it's very possible that the demand for oil could end up tapering off more quickly than the supply, which would actually crash gas prices (and the economies of a few OPEC countries- "oops").

High-end/Boutique carmakers will refocus on making track cars and/or absurdly luxurious self-driving vehicles. The brands are inherently valuable- I'm sure most of them will do fine.
>>
File: elysium_004329_c13.jpg (42KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
elysium_004329_c13.jpg
42KB, 720x304px
>>16957073
They'll be fine
>>
>>16958629
>The only thing that might ban cars is if they were discredited in like a series of "Terrorist used MANUAL cars in order to attack X" or "Armed robbery with MANUAL cars".
What if the inverse happens and criminals take advantage of self-driving cars to commit crimes, like having a guy stand in front of and behind one at a stoplight when they rob/kidnap/whatever the occupants so they can't drive away?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.