[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scion tC/ cars like it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 2006-scion-tc-8.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2006-scion-tc-8.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
What is your opinion on the older scion tc? Are they reliable as a DD, cheap to maintain, and when something significant does break, is it cheap to replace?
>>
I hear they're pretty fast and reliable.
>>
>>16955869
The only good tC's are all 2011+.
2005-2010 models are known for oil consumption, shit interior quality. Aside from that, yes, they are reliable
>>
>>16955869
It's a corolla coupe for boyracer faggots. Just get a civic for 3k.
>>
the 2008s are reliable and have really good power potential

its a really good daily driver, but the community is full of fucking kids

>>16955886
doesnt know what he is talking about

>>16955892
its also closer to a 2 door camry in terms of engine size and transmission
>>
>>16955892
its looking like my next car will be a civic honestly. i know the tc isnt the fasting thing in the world and its no sports car but its definitely faster than what i have now.
>>
>>16955911
the tc appeals to me because its a toyota, i dont care what anyone says, and I have always wanted a toyota. it looks stylish, especially in black like pictured, and its surprisingly cheap and in my price range, all while having fairly low mileage for what it is. like i said i know its not fast but it looks quick and honestly has almost double the power what i have.
the only drawback seems to be what you said about the community being full of kids, and thats generally who i see driving a tc around, but still thats not enough to deter me from getting one,
>>
>>16955911
>doesnt know what he is talking about
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AZ_engine#2AZ-FE
http://www.toyotaproblems.com/trends/excessive-oil-consumption/
>Toyota still insists that burning 1 quart of oil every 1200 miles is "normal".

And the TRD supercharger had problems because Vortech, who made it, used shit bearings. Said bearings would wear out prematurely and the vibrations would kill the entire engine. That's why it was discontinued.

>>16955938
Trust me get a 2011+ tC if you want one. They're better in EVERY single way. I've driven both a first gen and a second gen, and the difference is fucking night and day.

The first gen, aside from the oil issues, supercharger issues, and crap interior (and I grew up with American cars, so that's saying something), it is reliable.
But the second gen fixed literally EVERYTHING.
>>
>>16955950
hmmm the oil problem kind of bothers me. i dont want to spend a shitload on constantly topping off oil. also can you explain how the interior is shit? like it rattles and makes noises or it just feels cheap?
>>
>>16955938
A civic is better in every way. If you get it are you going to keep it stock?
>>
>>16955979
of course, i might change the rims to black ones and get wider tires or some shit because i hate skinny ass tires but other than that i wouldnt touch it. but civics dont get 160 hp. still more than my current set of wheels but not 160. and if i did get one i would want it to be at least an 06 to a 10, those look the best imo.
>>
>>16955963
>also can you explain how the interior is shit? like it rattles and makes noises or it just feels cheap?
both, but I have to say the biggest and most annoying interior fault was the radio... or rader the little cubby door for the radio. Not only is it made from the cheapest plastic that even the Chinese would reject, but it's incredibly flimsy.

Second gen cars don't have that issue because that door was eliminated.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5yjsEevoOQ
>>
>>16955938
If you like them because they're toyota, look for a RS. They're rare but still somehow close to the base model prices and they were designed by TRD. Some even came supercharged. I almost got a RS last year but ended up not pulling the trigger because I was moving and wanted to feel comfortable at my new job first.
>>
>>16956021
>Some even came supercharged
see:
>>16955950
>And the TRD supercharger had problems because Vortech, who made it, used shit bearings. Said bearings would wear out prematurely and the vibrations would kill the entire engine. That's why it was discontinued.
and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRE_7eFQli0
>>
>>16956021
my price range would be like <8k and more like the 6k range, inb4 poorfag just trying to make the most of what i have so probs between a civic or tc, maybe an older subaru legacy or impreza
>>
>>16956030
Yea, I wasn't suggesting to get one, simply was stating it for him. Your comment came in as I was typing mine out.
>>
>>16956035
Check out lancers too, they should fulfill your needs if you don't find a tc that fits the budget/mileage range you're looking for. Shop around, don't get too attached to one thing or one idea.
>>
>>16956056
i actually was looking at post 07' lancers, they look great and have the same power as a tc however 2010 lancers cost the same as an 07 or 08 tc
>>
>>16956035
Post your local Craigslist
>>
>>16956035
Also have you test drove any yet? If you want manual, make sure you find one and don't compromise because the slap shift in it SUCKS. That'd another reason I didn't pull the trigger on the RS. The slap shift is delayed like a full second before it shifts. Completely unusable. Otherwise, if you're fine with auto and have no interest in stick or slap shift, then nbd for you.
>>
>>16956074
https://richmond.craigslist.org/search/cta?min_price=2000&max_price=8000
>>
>>16956080
no i have to wait until something shits out in my current car before i can get a new one trying to btfo out of it to get something new
>>
>>16956089
First thing that pops up is a corolla S for me hah and honestly, I'd consider those too if I were you. It's in the same league as the cars you're looking at and can be found at the same price, given some time and searching.
>>
>>16956112
yeah all of those are nice and much better performance wise compared to what i have. i cant really decide what i want or what is best for me. i really want reliability and low maintenance cost but i also want some performance
>>
>>16955963
i owned a gen 1 tc and never had oil burning issues

the trd supercharged scions are shit tho
>>
>>16956132
yeah i dont want one with a supercharger, it seems tempting but it apparently has too many problems plus there are not any around me
>>
>>16956130
You're looking at the right cars then, at least if you think you're gonna have some spare change later for aftermarket. If you only need 2 seats and don't mind a tiny car I'd also consider a gen 3 mr2. Very reliable engines, not the fastest thing in the world but it would be way more fun to drive than a tc, lancer, ect I guarantee it. I went from a 944 S to a speed3 and honestly, I wanna say I had more fun in the Porsche, despite having over 150 more whp in the mazda. The power to weight ratio, weight distribution, curb height, ect. Make sure you consider all those things when you're thinking of fun. Not just hp and torque.
>>
>>16955869
>Scion
Lol
>>
>>16956177
>literally toyota
>>
>>16956154
Actually cancel everything I said and fucking toss your current car off a cliff so you can buy this right now
https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6068861706.html
Do not pass that up.
>>
>>16956160
that looks nice as well but im looking for a DD honestly, and something to cruise around in on my free time and just enjoy the drive. thats why tc, civics, lancers, subarus and corolla s' appeal to me. cheap, reliable (for the most part), good maintenance costs, all with enough power under the hood.
>>
>>16956206
>https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/6068861706.html
i always wanted a mazda, a friend of mine owns one and loves it, i would have to find someone to teach me manual though
>>
>>16956218
It's exceptionally easy, buy that now before it's sold seriously. Speed miatas are a bitch to come by and are fantasic. Treat it well too and I guarantee you it's gonna keep its value in 5 years.
>>
>>16955911
>the 2008s are reliable and have really good power potential
Okay Juan, we don't need another ebay Turbo TC with a park bench and a SCION TC banner across windshield. If you want to make good power get a different car, not the highschool commuter for a 16 year old boy.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.