[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Ford Mustang IV Restyling?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1503.jpg (103KB, 832x624px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1503.jpg
103KB, 832x624px
Hello folks,
I am thinking about buying a car, specifically Ford Mustang IV restyling, 3.8MT with 190hp, 2002 (pic related, will remove horrible exterior decisions)
If you have experience or knowledge with this car, please, answer my questions since I am really fell in love with this beauty.

A bit about myself - I am a 20yo graduating student, have a stable income, I live in Russia, meaning the roads aren't ideal and winter can be harsh.
This will be my second car, I am currently driving Ford Fiesta 2015, but it's a soulless car and I want to change it for something fun.

So the questions are:
-is the car reliable?
-does the parts are easy to get? Are they cheap?
-is this car suitable for everyday driving?
-does she eat a lot? Aprox liters per 100km?
-does the car endure cold?

I hope you got the idea.
Cheers!
>>
>>16955826
If it is a second car, why do you care about L/100km?

Why not the 4.6L V8 if your objective is more fun?
>>
>>16955826
Crooked
Steering
Wheel
>>
I would not. I own a 2003 V8 and drive it in Northern US winters every year. You will not survive without the best snow tires.
The seats are bad. Poorly designed. There is no back and neck support.
I get about 280 miles per 15 gallons of fuel
Parts are not hard to get in the US, I don't know about Russia.
>>
>>16955826
Do not buy a v6 pony car. It will create in you the epitome of badge envy.
>>
>>16955859
This
>>
>>16955845
I misexplained - I will sell my current car in order to buy this one.
>>
>>16955858
Maybe you have some suggestions?
>>16955859
Sorry, I don't think I got what you were saying, can you please elaborate?
>>
>>16955858
I couldn't find such engine, this car is pretty rare, this is my best shot.
>>
>>16955873
Badge envy in pony cars is where you buy a V6 version because you like the style, looks, price, but then realize what that same car would be like with the V8... especially if one of your aims is to have fun.

So you will quickly wish you purchased a V8 version, and regret getting a V6, and be envious of those who have a V8 version of the car you like.
>>
The v6 is shit. If you careabout fuel economy. A Mustang is not for you. Stick to hot hatches.
>>
>>16955826
Do not get a V6. You're not going to have fun in a V6. My '97 truck's V8 puts out more horsepower than that. Get a V8.
>>
>>16955944
>>16955970
If only I could find a V8
Maybe you can give me some suggestions on what I should get?
Cool and reliable fast car, that's what I want, 8500$ is my budget in dollars.
>>
>>16956013
You can probably find a V8 mustang on your local craigslist. Results may vary on the quality but. Alternatively, get a V8 truck for about half your budget and sink the rest into upgrading the shit out of it. Nobody suspects a fast truck
>>
>>16956013
Get a pos e36 like every other Russian
>>
Someone post the Russian screenshot that goes 'drive fast on specific lines' I think it's with a STI or Evo
>>
File: IMG_20121009_164410.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20121009_164410.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>is the car reliable?
It's reliable, having owned it for 4yrs the only issues I had were brakes, a cooling hose blowing on a highway trip once, and replacing an axle. I dumped more money on the wheels and 8.8 swap than anything.
>does the parts are easy to get? Are they cheap?
For me parts are easy to get, depends where you live, they have them at my local junkyard and plenty of stuff online.
>is this car suitable for everyday driving?
Yes and No. Depends on your situation. If you're single and don't have kids, it's pretty good. They suck in the snow, had my first accident ever in mine.
>does she eat a lot? Aprox liters per 100km?
Gas mileage is decent but nothing impressive.
>does the car endure cold?
Not well, I ended up storing my car in the winter. I got a $900 4x4 truck instead.

I wouldn't recommend it. Being that you're in Russia this is by far the worst car for winter.

>Pic is my 2000 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 AT
>>
Thank you for your replies lads.
>>
The 3.8 is gutless and boring. I'd highly recommend getting the v8. The 4.6s are reliable and get decent gas mileage if you take care of them as you should any other car. I own a 2002 GT and Its never fucked me over.
>>
>>16956893
something something subie wrx 900 hp
>>
>>16955826
I didn't think people were actually interested in fox body mustangs. They don't even look like mustangs from the front.
>>
>>16956062
>Russia
>>
>>16959496
You can't find V8 in Russia.
>>
>>16956013
I've seen a lot of chasers/mark 2's around Russia, why don't you look them up?
>>
>>16960012
Because there is NONE for sale in the whole country, smartass.
>>
>>16960018
Really, aren't most police cars in Vladivostok old toyotas?
>>
>>16956013
Any Crown Vics?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.