[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

50000 Miles on a 2 Year Old Car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (75KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
75KB, 300x300px
There is a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack in my area. It's within my price range but the car has 50000 miles on it already. This means the guy who owned it put 25000 miles on it every year, at the least.

I know cars are meant to be driven and far more damage can be caused by just letting them sit there, but I can't help but feel concerned about this.

Is there any reason to be concerned about such high miles on a new car?
>>
that many miles is most likely low stress highway miles.
>>
Get a PPI. I doubt there would be anything wrong with it, but a PPI on a new car with so many miles would be worth it if there is an issue.
But that many miles in so little time suggests highway use, which is pretty easy on a car.
>>
ok how about pay the price for a PPI to inspect the car? that many miles is ok for 2 years IF AND ONLY IF that car has been taken care of and have good maintenance.
>>
I'm in the market for a vee-ate challenger and desu I'm more concerned about the newer ones people are selling that only put 6k miles on it. I'm so paranoid I'll probably just end up buying mine new.
>>
>>16951498

How much is it?

>>16951530

They're probably garage queens that are traded in for a newer/nicer model. Spend some time on a car forum and you'll find a shitload of people buy cars brand new, baby the shit out of them and then get rid of them when they're a year old. They don't even drive them much, hence the low miles.
>>
>>16951567

Under 30K
>>
>>16951571

By, like 5 dollars, so basically 30K right on the dot.
>>
>>16951574

>dollars
*miles
>>
>>16951498
Talk to the owner about the car, but also see who he works for. If the employer is 50 miles away, then that is 25K per year right there. I had a former coworker who lived 80 miles away, so he had a long round trip of 160 miles each work day.

That's what happens when you get reassigned, but your wife and house are still at the old location and the wifey REFUSES to move. My current sam's club has one of the optical employees living 38 miles away, but she is unable to move because her husband and house are firmly there.

Now, highway miles are far far easier on the engine and suspension than city miles. I don't know if Scat Pack V8 has cylinder deactivation, but for highway miles, an engine that deactivates its cylinders is doing better. There's no need to have horsepower just to maintain a cruising speed. So each of the cylinders is not only on half the number of uses, it also doesn't have acceleration strain like city driving would cause.
>>
>>16951571

There's one in my area for $29.9 with only 19k miles. I didn't check options on it though. If you're really worried, get it inspected and buy an aftermarket warranty for it.

http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/tools/articles.aspx?article=Dodge_Extended_Warranty
>>
If you got $30k here and now I'd try waving that around at some other used scat packs and see if anyone will bite.
>>
>>16951582

> I don't know if Scat Pack V8 has cylinder deactivation

I'm trying to find info and it seems like all the V8's have it if the car is an auto, the manuals do not.
>>
>>16951644

I'm looking for a manual, so whatever. I'd hate to buy one in an automatic; just not for me.
>>
>>16951729

Make sure you get a skip shift eliminator.
>>
>>16951498
I used to think that many miles was bad but I drove 18k miles in the past 12 months alone. I think the average mileage for Ameriland drivers these days is around 20k a year so while he is above average I wouldn't worry just about miles. Definitely get that VIN check tho.
>>
>>16951740

The average is 13,476 per year according to the DOT as of July, 2016. The highest age/sex group is 35-54 year old males with 18,858 per year.

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/ohim/onh00/bar8.htm

Of course, this doesn't account for how many vehicles said mileage was accumulated on. Numbers might be even smaller per passenger vehicle per year.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.