[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Generation Lancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0104.jpg (106KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0104.jpg
106KB, 1024x683px
Hey /o, I haven't heard about lancers at all, particularly the final generation. What are your thoughts on it and why is it so cheap? I know it competes with Mazda and Subaru but why are used lancers a few thousand cheaper in the same condition as say a Mazda 3 or an Impreza. Also what are your thoughts on them and their long term mechanical reliability?
>>
>>16946903
what car is that?
>>
File: IMG_20161221_120015.jpg (256KB, 1299x974px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161221_120015.jpg
256KB, 1299x974px
>>16946916
good question
>>
>>16946922
What the fuck. What's wrong with your steering wheel bro
>>
Subaru shillers won the race now they starting to miss the Alpha Lancer. We got BTFO, yeah, now eat that pile of trash with a boxer.
>>
>>16946932
Imo it looks better compared to the Subaru but I don't understand why it's thousands cheaper? Do they break mechanically and have a lot of issues or what? I'm not even talking about Evos just regular lancers
>>
>>16946984
owed a cvt cj lancer e.s, i beat the shit out of it, taking it to its redline, flooring it off just about each light for about a year straight. anly maintenance was oil changes every 5000kms or so. reliable as fuck.
guessing lancers are cheap cause the interior is garbage, and random trip pieces start rattling.
>>
>>16946922
Thats a fiat/alpha
>>
>>16947002
Doesn't sound like that much of a problem for me for the looks, engine and year for 6-8k.
>>
>>16947002
Also, what we're maintenance costs like and what went wrong that made you trade it? I.e. Transmission, engine or what
>>
>>16947194
oil, and filter, i used fully synthetic so like 200 a year. those were the minimums, i'm sure the cvt fluids and shit needed to be done the way i drove it. basically, if it made a new noise i had it checked out, at every oil change, i just had a once over for other wear items.

>what went wrong that made you trade it?
bought my self a ralliart, decided an evo was stupid, since i could get a second car, and have a bunch of money left to mod the ralliart. which is exactly what i did.
>>
>>16947238
Is a ralliart just the generic non ego version? Ive heard that term thrown around a lot in the lancer community
>>
>>16947334
the ralliart is sort of like the lancer GSR of the late 90's, sort of a thing designed by market researchers who had their fun with a parts bin; the GSR had crude AWD system, derived from i think the EVO 3. it was supposed to bridge the gap between the performance market, and the everyday commuter audience, the person who wanted a nippy ecobox, all the while not feeling as though they were driving a racecar.

Not sure how that went, but a few years later mitsu got together a team of market researchers, raided a parts bin, tried to create a WRX rival; 4b11t (same engine as the evo x) it had a similar awd system to the evo 9, turbo, it sounds pretty good until you realize they made it only in DCT auto, which as a bunch of issues, and is extremely expensive to maintain (diaqueen sstf-1 is 200 a tin, and you need two!) then the kill the evo. i don't fucking know why mitsubishi likes shooting themselves in the foot so much, but i'm holding on for something cool. i really am. i'm fucking tired its so fucking late.
>>
>>16947441
Oh I thought you owned an 07-2017 model. Those look the nicest imo and a fairly "new" one ie like <2012 is actually within my budget. But they're so cheap compared to Mazda and Subaru I was wondering what's wrong with them. There aren't many for sale near me so I mean they just be somewhat reliable or in demand
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.