[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volvo C30 or alternatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What does /o/ think of the volvo c30? specifically 2007-2010? Looking for a safe, fun, economical hatchback, can you suggest any alternatives?
>>
>>16946072
I think it's s beautiful car but I wish that it had 4 doors on the sides. Because of this, I suggest the Volkswagen Golf GTI or the Mazda3 Hatchback.

Good luck.
>>
File: accident04-26-16.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
accident04-26-16.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
OP here, safety is a pretty significant factor since I'm an EMT and can't stop obsessively worrying about the horrific shit i've seen
>>
It's a Mazda3 in a Swedish suit and with half the doors. The T5 has that based 5-cylinder, but that's about it. Mazdaspeed3 may be a good alternative, but I hear it's got a ton of torque steer.
>>
>>16946092
Thank you for the suggestions, but the mazda has poor side impact ratings, and i believe VWs are pretty expensive to own, especially GTIs, anyone have experience with ownership cost of the c30?
>>
>>16946097
huh. If it's a mazda3 then how does the mazda have a poor side impact rating when the volvo has a good? Also good to hear it refered to as a "based" 5-cyl. I've driven one back in its day when I was a mechanic and it was a blast, good top hear this wasn't just my opinion
>>
>>16946122
Hey man I don't have any other suggestions other than it looks like the newer generation 3 mazda3's have much better side impact ratings.

I do want to thank you for this thread. I too am in the market for a new car and thought that all cars made in the past 10 years were really good at handling crashes. I guess this isn't the case.

Best of luck to you.
>>
Unless you're getting a Polestar, I'd rather get a Mazda 3 or a Focus as comfy dd hatchback.
>>
>>16946137
thanks for the recommendation, apparently there's also a 260hp mazda3, looking into it now
>>
>>16946213
I think those are the ones with the poor side impact safety rating.
>>
>>16946239
yeah, also that engine is only available as the mazdaspeed3, which I remember test driving a few times as a mechanic. It drove like a wrx or evo, way too stiff for the road. I'm down to the gti or c30 as hatches that can be fun without punishing you for it, while also being safe. Still would love to hear from a c30 owner about cost of maintenance and common failures.
>>
>>16946072
One of these, think it's 2009, is available near me. And it was imported from Europe so it's got the polestar shit.

I was close to trying to get it once, but didn't. This was a couple years ago. It's still available. I still want it, and I would try if I haven't already sunk some money into my current vehicle recently on repairs.
>>
OP here, looks like I'll go with a VW GTI, simply because the c30 is so rare. Shame, because I really love the looks of the c30, especially the hatch. But I just can't find a manual in my price range.
>>
>>16946299
You kind of make me want to get the one near me.
>>
>>16946072
Why would you specifically look for the non-facelift car? (2011+) It takes premium gas. It's heavy (for an econobox). It has a massive turning radius.
>>
>>16946299
How much can you spend?
>>
>>16946092
>but I wish that it had 4 doors on the sides

I fucking hate you. Literally every single hatch sold in the US is now 5 door only aside from the 500, and it's still not enough for you bastards.
>>
>>16946093
It's a volvo
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.