[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_743.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_743.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>Coming home 1hr ago
>Two blocks away
>car turns off
>check gas
>on red
>turn car on and go to station .2miles away
>drive back home
>parking
>car turns off
>these lights are on

What does it all mean?

Batter was replaced two weeks ago
Car was worked on by dealership three days ago.
Oil was changed last month
>>
>>16944988
When this picture was on, was the engine running or was the key just in the on position?
>>
>>16944988
check the dipstick
>>
>>16945001

the engine turned off, I was parking and it just turned off like it did at the red light before.

Was still on "D" and key was still on [ON]
>>
if the battery light is on, doesnt really mean that the battery is the one thats fucked, most likely the alternator is pooched.

check levels of all fluids (oil, coolant, etc) if any are low top them up.

best way to check if its the alternator is to trickle charge the battery overnight, start it in the morning and if you have a voltmeter, hold it on the battery, if it starts going down then its the alternator, with older vehicle you could just take the ground cable off the battery and if it stayed running the alternator was good, I know if I do that with my truck (97 f150) it fucks with something with the ECU, or some shit, so I dont know if that will happen to these new fangled fancy smanshy cars. if the car stays running and you turn it off and it wont start again a battery cell might be fucked as well so you'll need a new battery, which seeing as
>battery was replaced 2 weeks ago
it should still be under warranty.
>>
>>16944988
Check the oil.

If no oil on the dipstick its fucking fucked mate.

If oil is ok then something is wrong with your alternator/charging system.

These new fuel saver charging systems fucking suck.
Also why do you have your high beams on?
>>
>>16944988
blown ECU
>>
>>16944988
You're out of blinker fluid.
>>
>>16944988
>every modern smartphone
>OBD II bluetooth/wi-fi transmitter
>put that fucker inside you OBD II port
>start a random app that can read OBD II error codes
>???
>win
>>
>>16948095
Do you see a check engine light?
>>
>>16944988
Sounds like you ran car out of gas. RIP fuel pump because I bet you run that car on E all the time.

If the key was turned on and the car is not running those lights are always on.

Battery light means batter not being charged by alternator. If car not running alternator not charging battery

Same with oil light. There's no oil pressure because its not running.

If both those lights were on while the car was running then you have two different problems
>>
>>16945023
The lights mean you have no oil preassure and the alternator isn't charging, which is fully normal on a non-running car.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.