[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2004 Grand Prix MoneyPit Sold. Feel Bad For New Owner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pos.jpg (118KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pos.jpg
118KB, 1920x1080px
Bit of a backstory on the situation.

Bought the car from a dealership clean carfax no accidents in 2012 with 78000 miles and now it has about 92000 miles. Everything pretty much went wrong despite the little I drove it.

I had owned the car for four years and have had close to $20000 worth of work done in terms on parts and labor I spent about $2000 (not including basic maintenance)on my own money in parts and labor not covered by my warranty. One year alone had 8K worth of parts and labor under my warranty. Also, I had $800 since owning the car in deductables. Had a new steering rack, AC unit and water pump put in after a massive coolant leak this year alone. Basically had an entire new front end, supercharger, gaskets and suspension in the four years of ownership.

As a recent college grad with a part time job, I could not afford the car anymore especially without a warranty. I had a repair alone that cost almost $4000 which was mainly labor in one shot which was covered by warranty which expired and I could not handle the costs anymore. I have student loans to pay off and the car had been nothing but issues in the time I had it.

I babied the car despite all of its problems, always used synthetic oil, premium fuel also known as 93 Octane as required, detailed it frequently and waxed once a month. Its a real head turner and looked brand new. Too bad its been nothing but problems

Put the car on Craigslist, then took it off after too many shady calls.

Finally listed it on Auto trader and Cars.com for over three months and lowered the price but no calls either. Sold the car to a dealer and got more than I was expecting. Dealer could not sell the car for months and lowered the price more than what they gave me. Finally sold it and I cant help but feel bad for the next person who owns the car and the next repair may cost more then what they paid for the car.

I am happy though I got rid of that POS Moneypit, Sucks to be the new owner though.
>>
Yep Sucks to be new owner. Lol
>>
What do you guys on auto think about this post?
>>
>>16944800
common gm problems
>>
>>16944811

If you were the new owner of this vehicle and there was a repair shortly after ownership that cost more than the car is worth or you paid for it what would you do?
>>
File: walltoobig.jpg (2MB, 6064x6072px) Image search: [Google]
walltoobig.jpg
2MB, 6064x6072px
>>16944127
>he actually bought a fucking Grand Prix voluntarily instead of getting it as a handmedown

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>16945004

This aint no regular handme down GP it a GTP COMPG G SUPERCHARGED!!!!!!
>>
New owner be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrYTuwLZ_gI
>>
yeah you totally had to buy a supercharger

fuckin faggot
>>
>>16944127
>I babied the car despite all of its problems, always used synthetic oil, premium fuel also known as 93 Octane as required
oh god, you got me. 10/10
>>
Not GTP related but close. I have a feeling after the guys car breaks he is going to make a video like this guy did for a GXP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPuTm6KPq24

But instead of being nice he gonna be like you sold be a POS. Funny think relating to that video though that guy has a GXP which is known for transmission problems, and it turns out his tranny failed after the warranty expired. I give him props though for doing all the work himself.
>>
The guy who bought the car is in for a treat. ALong with GM quality crap of that time period, these cars are known to catch fire. Might has well burned the money he paid for it.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/have-a-1997-2004-general-motors-w-body-sedan-yeah-gm-says-to-keep-it-out-of-garage-fire-hazard/
>>
>>16945538

Well its not mine anymore, its the new owners problem now. I already plan on buying a 2016 rt road and track pack. Would have gotten the scat pack but dem colelge loans and part time job tho. Maybe if I get full time hours I can afford the scat pack. Although since selling this car its nice to see my bank account drain less and money increasing. That car was a total POS. Although I dont wish bad on the new owner, I do hope they got a warranty as the dealer itself lost money on the deal. They lowered the price more than once before it finally sold.
>>
>>16945004

Yep for 8500 of my own money that I have been saving up since I was 16 and I was 19 when I bought my first car. Unlike some people in which rich parents pay for everything or others who get crappy handme downs. . For a first car it was one hell of a car when it did not have issues. It had great power, looked nice, and the supercharger sounder amazing when WOT. But I was younger and less wise. Although I had good times with it, I will never buy an older car again with that many miles and forced induction. My new car is going to have very low miles be no more than 4 years old and have a certified warranty and not an after market one that I had with the Grand Prix due to the cars age.
>>
>>16945531
It came with the supercharger, it was nice but I think the high compression and heat did not mix well with a old car with high mileage as it increased wear and tear.
>>
>>16945874
>that many miles
>72k
t. guy who buys a new car every year and rolls over the underwater loan each time at 28.9%
>>
>>16945531
GTP's have factory superchargers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.