[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a stock 2004 wrx should I lightly mod it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: 1257_1.jpg (53KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
1257_1.jpg
53KB, 640x426px
I have a stock 2004 wrx

should I lightly mod it?
>>
no dont do it
>>
No. Don't pick up vaping.
Don't put "tasteful" mods into it, then expect to get the money you put in, back.
Also, don't beat it to shit.
>>
>>16940814
not even an exhaust and gold wheels?

oh also I read that it's supposed to be a good idea to change the uppipe to one with a cat converter because they are known to break.

should I get that changed or shouldn't it be a problem since I drive normal and don't even know how to launch my car.
>>
keep it stock and sell it to a museum in 15 years
>>
File: img_1333_ps.jpg (3MB, 4272x2848px) Image search: [Google]
img_1333_ps.jpg
3MB, 4272x2848px
Completely new to /o/ to try and learn.
Always loved the look of the bugeye, join a few wrx sti pages on facebook; also to try and learn.
I have no idea what anything is. I think the sti are just higher power than the stock? Can you even get the bugeye in a sti?
>i know im retarded but pls help.
>>
File: scoobarooooooooo chappie.png (849KB, 955x390px) Image search: [Google]
scoobarooooooooo chappie.png
849KB, 955x390px
>>16940775
>>
>>16940846
>I think the sti are just higher power than the stock?
It's the higher tier trim. It has a whole bunch of performance oriented upgrades.

>Can you even get the bugeye in a sti?
Not in the US.
>>
File: 92052671999-subaru-forester-6.jpg (441KB, 1600x882px) Image search: [Google]
92052671999-subaru-forester-6.jpg
441KB, 1600x882px
>>16940873
Ausfag.
What is the option i should look for? In the bugeye that is. Im not a huge fan of the droop or whatever they call the one after it. I know people are gonna tell me to get them but I know i wont look at it the same way.
>>
>>16940878
Personally I'd look at the STI if you can afford one in decent shape. The EJ207 that came in the bugeye STIs was a great engine and hit the sweet spot between Subaru introducing AVCS and before they stopped using forged pistons. You also get those fancy gold Brembos. Other than the cost factor the only real downside to the STI is the stiffer ride quality and I'm assuming that's not a major consideration since you're likely pretty young.
>>
File: tumblr_na5uzo2izg1tjow2to8_1280.jpg (283KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na5uzo2izg1tjow2to8_1280.jpg
283KB, 1024x683px
>>16940889
Im 25 and have had a few cars. I'm a fussy cunt though and always like the change, although i have liked the look of the bugeye for years.
Aslong as it's not back breaking i should be able to deal. I have had people tell me to just get a Forester because they apparently have the same running gear but more ground clearance. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>16940775
OP here. whats a thicker profile tyre I can fit on my stock wheels.

my current tyres are 215/45/17.

what's a good thickness to get to fill the wheel gap a bit if I don't want to lower my car.

what are the pros and cons with thicker/thinner profile tyres?
>>
>>16940901
>Aslong as it's not back breaking i should be able to deal.
It's stiff but it's not ridiculously stiff so you should be fine.

>I have had people tell me to just get a Forester because they apparently have the same running gear but more ground clearance.
There was an STI Forester but I'm not sure if they ever made it to Australia. It might be worth checking out if you do want something that sits a little higher and can haul more of your stuff around.
>>
>>16940915
Awesome thanks for the info.
>>
The reason people vape in these cars is obviously to keep up the resale value! Non smokers vehicles sell for more!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.