[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /o/ think of the classic mini? I own two of them. One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Gulf mini.jpg (48KB, 1000x638px) Image search: [Google]
Gulf mini.jpg
48KB, 1000x638px
What does /o/ think of the classic mini? I own two of them. One is undergoing a 4efte engine conversion and the other is a standard 1275 with Yokohama A008's. I consistently rape much newer cars on mountain passes and twisty b roads? Latest victim was a fiesta ST.
>>
You are doing 4EFTE conversion?
Are you making your own engine wiring harness?
>>
I know nothing about them, but I think they look fantastic.
>>
>>16940502
>I consistently rape much newer cars on mountain passes and twisty b roads?
First off why is this a question? Secondly are these people even racing you or are you just driving past them as they nonchantly continue to drive? Lastly how do you consistently rape them? what's the measure for the raping?
>>
>>16940506
The engine I sourced has the loom and ecu. I am still deciding if im going to use it cause it looks in rough shape. Im only picking up the engine next week.
>>
>>16940523
How are you going to do the mounts with a mini?
Also what are you gonna do about exhaust? Overboosting will be a huge issue. What about the gearing?
How will you fit the tranny from a starlet? How will you match the adapter plate to bellhousing (shaving it?). Also you will need the 220+ mm adapter plate or tranny will not take it well.
I see many problems with this swap... Do you have any experience?
>>
>>16940517
No they are definitely trying. Mountain passes in Cape Town are narrow and very twisty. Minis are not fast but they can carry more speed into bends especially very tight bends. On those specific roads, I managed to beat those cars. Driving a mini is something which should be experienced personally.
>>
>>16940555
you didn't answer my last question desu. also I think they look 10/10 but I don't want one, ever.
>>
They are G O D T I E R. Srsly my No.1 regret is not buying one when they were cheap. Good luck and have a tons of fun OP, you magnificent bastard!
>>
>>16940502
I think they're Hella cool
>>
>>16940502
swap a celica gt-four drivetrain into it.
>>
>>16940502
>fail wheel drive

I think that is all that needs to be said
>>
>>16941496
spoken like a true bench racer
>>
>>16941476
yes ;)
>>
>>16940502
i really like them. Unfortunately they're super expensive in the US, as are honda n600 and n360s. Not much out there for micro-hatches, gotta settle for a civic or rabbit.
>>
>>16941518
its a (really) slow ugly bare bones fwd econobox

there I said even more
>>
>>16941560
fwd econobox is the only correct part of your post
>>
>>16941619
and objectively slow
and objectively bare bones
>>
>>16941625
>all minis are the stock bare bones slow versions
>>
>>16941645
>modified cars
>relevant

you can polish a turd but its still a turd
>>
>>16940502
Why 4EFTE? Can't you put a B series or K series in these?
>>
>>16940502
Anyone crazy enough to drive something that small and unsafe has my respect.
I despise the new 'minis', because they're not fucking mini. They're a maxi if anything.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.