[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Type-R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: type r.jpg (205KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
type r.jpg
205KB, 1600x1067px
Are Type-R Civic's any different mechanically (with the exception of the engine) than the normal civics?

Are they less reliable or harder on parts than the normal variant of the civic?

Would they cost more on average to own?, apart from more taxes or less fuel economy.
>>
there's not really much difference cost wise except insurance etc, other than the engine and gearbox and some stiffer suspension its pretty much the same car. You might spend more on oil changes and better tyres but its not a huge difference.
>>
>>16929358
So they should be as reliable as a standard civic?
>>
>>16929408
Yeh, there are plenty about with well over 100k miles, as long as the oil gets done they don't tend to have too many issues
>>
>>16929428
There are two near me, both have 90,000-100,000 km's on the odo.

Asking price is 9,999 euro

Good?
>>
>>16929539

sounds about right if they are FN2s
>>
>>16929253
Depends on the type R
In general JDM models very much different, European ones not so much.
EK9 was seam welded and hand ported from factory etc.

Also don't buy a FN, ep3 if you want the engine otherwise just get something with a turbo, megane or focus likely.
>>
>>16929548
here is a link to both R's for sale here

http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1577432&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D32%26o%5B%5D%3D282%26f%3D1%26nn%3D8%26g%3D2
http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1620349&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D32%26o%5B%5D%3D282%26f%3D1%26nn%3D8%26g%3D2
>>
>>16929561
>Also don't buy a FN

why?
>>
File: fd2civic1 (1).jpg (63KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
fd2civic1 (1).jpg
63KB, 800x600px
>>16929592
Just objectively the least "type R" type R, namely due to the increased weight and beam rear axle compared to irs on every previous sporty civic.

Some of the mugen versions were cool enough, but the true civic type R of that gen was the jap one which is completely different and much more hardcore.

I mean if you like it because it looks like a spaceship just get a fn type s or something with better interior options.
>>
>>16929973
this, euro got the poverty spec R, aside from the motor, worse in everyway to the humble USDM 8th gen Si
>>
>>16929662
sage
>>
>>16930002
thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.