[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on DD? VW Golf or Focus Wagon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1139.jpg (56KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1139.jpg
56KB, 720x450px
Aye,

I am looking to drop my fuckin' land yacht WK for a smaller hatch.
I've narrowed it down to a new (ish) Volkswagen Golf and a new(ish) Focus hatch. Both manual, base, no thrills. Thoughts?
>>
my mom loves her golf go 4 the golf
>>
>>16926894
just get a civic for 3k or get something actually good.
>>
>>16927191
One time i agree with you.
Why are people attracted to shit cars?
Can they not research or read?
>>
I'd go for the Golf
>>
golf will probably feel more comfy but have more problems on average and generally more expensive parts.

focus will be an inverse of that.
have you considered a focus st?
>>
Golf is undoubtedly better with manual.
>>
I'd go for a well optioned polo, heated seats, sunroof, climate control, cruise control, euro 6 norm... all that good stuff
Fuck a base model, never again.
>>
Golf has much better interior than the ford desu.

Also the auto in the golf if dual clutch and therefor you're not a faggot for buying it.
>>
>>16926894
> Estate version of a hatchback
That just screams 'I'm too poor to afford a Mondeo estate'.
>>
>>16929756
>wanting a compact means you can't afford midsize
>cars cost virtually the same amount
When will all the retarded image-conscious teenagers fuck off this board?
>>
>>16929756
>tfw was gonna buy a Mondeo estate but they only offer the 240hp petrol as an automatic so I got a Focus ST estate instead
>>
>>16926894

my gf bought a 2017 Golf (non-GTI). this week it developed the first German engineering symptom (Front Assist not available), an issue with the emergency braking assist system. at ~5K miles on the clock, once again Das Auto has let its consumer down.
>>
>>16929816

also, forgot to mention, key fob battery needs to be replaced according to another on-board message.
>>
>>16929816
It's really a Mexican assembly problem, not German engineering. European VAGs are top notch.
>>
>>16926894
Golf m8 but either is nice those are my two favorite picks because of the interior and driving dynamics (for cheap hatches) and comfort
>>
>>16926915
>>16927237
>>16928442
>>16928918
Go for golf. I have a '10 built in Germany, it's a solid car but it doesn't have the turbo or some of the newer features you get with the new ones
>>
>>16926894
The Focus is literally a Golf for people who want something a bit cheaper.
Don't focus (lel) on one of the models in your search. Look at both, then decide based on the condition and price of the cars.
>>
>>16929756
No, the wagon versions of hatchbacks are literally the perfect size. Drives and parks almost like a hatch, but has a 6' flat bed in the trunk with the seats folded.
>>
Focus

I have one and it's great

t. Focus owner
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.