[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Britain is the best car nation on the planet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: BestBritish_groupshot (1).jpg (585KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BestBritish_groupshot (1).jpg
585KB, 1280x720px
Other countries can beat us on *volume* of cars sold - but they CAN'T beat us on *quality*. They can't beat our country for PEDIGREE.

We are the best car nation on the planet - BAR NONE.

1) Formula 1. Seven of the ten current F1 teams have bases in the UK - five of them are ENTIRELY based in the UK, including the current triple world champions Mercedes, and the former quadruple world champions Red Bull. We also have produced the most drivers, the most *championship winning* drivers, the most championship winning constructors, and the most championship winning engine manufacturers.

So both in terms of drivers and in terms of automotive excellence, we are the cream of the crop in F1.

2) Luxury / high performance car manufacturers:
>Jaguar
>McLaren
>Rolls Royce
>Aston Martin
All of these manufacturers build their cars in Britain - and three of them (Jaguar, McLaren, Aston Martin) use engines that they have designed and manufactured right here in Britain too. They are some of the most sought after marques in the world, producing some of the best performing, and most luxurious, cars in the world today.

3) Sports car manufacturers:
>Lotus
>Caterham
>Ariel (of Atom fame)
>Morgan
All British built and engineered, of course. Some of the most exciting hobbyist/sports cars in the world.

4) Some of the most prestigious cars of all time:
>McLaren F1
>Jaguar XJ220
>McLaren P1
>Jaguar E-Type
>Aston Martin DB5

5) World land speed record. We've held the record since 1983 - that's 34 years. Hurry up America! It was set in 1983 by the British-built "Thrust2", then renewed in 1997 with the British "ThrustSSC". Now we're about to break it AGAIN with the British "Bloodhound SSC" - hopefully going above 1,000 mph for the first time, and breaking the record by 33%, which would be the largest ever margin.

6) Historical, prestigious car marques:
>MG
>Bentley
>TVR
>Triumph
>Mini

We're the best car nation on the planet. Sorry, rest of the world.
>>
jaguar is poo and the loo tho
>>
I think you spelled Japan wrong.
>>
The way your insurance works is pants on head retarded, and expensive.

Your taxes on cars are pants on head retarded

Your road systems are pretty fucking boring, minus B roads which are in danger anyway

Your safety regs and MOT are crazy

You can't go fast except on tracks which are expensive because you have to pay to use them

Your gas ("petrol") prices are stupid insane

Every single UK F1 team is trash, except maybe Williams. Mercedes does not count.

Jaguar and Land Rover are owned by the indians

Rolls Royce and Bentley are both German owned

1984 was a warning, not a manual to the police state you live in.
>>
Lucas Ignition
British Leyland

nuff said
>>
>>16925557
>Other countries can beat us on *volume* of cars
Literally any country that produces cars.
>but they CAN'T beat us on *quality*
This is true. A grocery store with no dairy, can't sell spoiled milk.
>>
>>16925580
Get back to me when Japan makes some of the most sought after supercars, hypercars and luxury cars in the world; get back to me when Japanese drivers, constructors, and engine manufacturers dominate F1; get back to me when Japan breaks the world land speed record.
>>
get fuck pommy cunt your cars are shit, America, Japan or Germany are far better car nations
>>
>>16925585
>the F1 team that is based in Britain, uses British engineers, and BUILDS ITS ENGINES IN BRITAIN TOO, HAVING BOUGHT A BRITISH ENGINE MANUFACTURER (Ilmor) TO DO SO - doesn't count as British

Wew lad. Also, like I said, Red Bull is also a British team (Austrian licence, but the team is British, using British engineers, and making their chassis in Britain). And McLaren... they USED to be good.

Also ownership doesn't matter. Qatar owns 17% of Volkswagen. Jaguar and Land Rover are still British manufacturers. They're not based in India.

Rolls Royce manufacture their cars in Chichester, West Sussex, which is very near where I live - I've cycled and driven past the factory many many times. I've also watched documentaries on that factory, and they're not all Germans in there. They're all Brits.

I will admit that Bentley have been Germanified, unfortunately. That doesn't detract from McLaren, who are entirely British, including the engines. It doesn't detract from Aston, who again use their own engines (they used to use foreign engines, and a cheap version of their new DB11 will have a Merc V8 engine - but the main version of the DB11 has a British-engineered Aston V12 in it). It doesn't detract from Jaguar, who again are entirely British, and use their own Jaguar-designed engines - which are currently built in Wales, and soon will be built in Wolverhampton if I remember correctly.

As I said we can't beat other countries on volume of cars manufactured (although we do have big plants here for volume production - Honda, Nissan, Toyota, and Mini (of course owned by BMW these days) all have big plants here.

But British-made cars, in terms of quality, are some of the best in the world. Arguably the McLaren F1 is the best road car ever made. And arguably the McLaren P1 is the best road car of the last 10 years.
>>
>>16925591
Well, then get back to us when England makes affordable cars that are actually fun to drive and reliable. Very few people get to drive F1 cars or Rolls-Royces.

As anyone, in any country (excluding the top 3% financially), what car makes them the most excited that they could reasonably afford. They will not respond with an English car.
>>
>>16925557
Cuck country
>>
>>16925557
AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
isnt this the country were your average person is too poor to pay for ahmed to even own a shitbox?

Cars are an American thing, stop denying it
>>
Used to have an MGB.
Everything you have said is lies.
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 640x640px
>>16925557
What awful bait.
>>
> when your insurance costs three times as much as what you paid for the car

#justbritishthings
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.