[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Series-Parallel Circuits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hey /o/ I'm in class and my class has been given the task of going through this section of electrical.
We don't have the option to do Parallel Circuits and were sent straight to Series-Parallel.
I was hoping someone or more of you could lend some help or advice to a studying tech.
Thank you
>>
>>16922401
1/Rv=1/R2+1/R3
1/Rv=1/100+1/25
1/Rv=1/100+4/100=5/100=1/20
Rv=20 Ohm

Rt=Rv+R1
Rt=20+20=40 Ohm

I=U/R
U=30V
R=40 Ohm

I=0.75 Amps

Now git out.
>>
Are you saying the answer was/is 0.75? Our teacher is stuck on the idea that we went over this stuff yesterday but we stopped after Series Circuits and haven't been over Parallel Circuits at all yet so he won't help or let us work together haha
>>
>>16922555
If you can't figure out what the answer is based on what's posted in >>16922435, you're either stupid, underage, or both.

Regardless, get out.
>>
Just asking for clarification haha we just started our section for Electric and figured I'd ask. I'm going to sit down with it and figure it out, was just asking. I'll get out now haha, thank you
>>
>>16922555
It tells you how to do it in the picture my dude. Are you an illiterate? A thread died for this.
>>
They literally explain it to you in the picture.
>>
Feels bad
Wrote it out and i get it...
Sorry, and thank you everyone, Ill get out and stay out
>>
>>16922608
I have an actual answer for you. I'll post the picture and explanation in a minute.
>>
File: series-parallel.jpg (169KB, 830x1110px) Image search: [Google]
series-parallel.jpg
169KB, 830x1110px
>>16922608
>>16922617
1) Convert R2 and R3 to one equivalent resistor. The formula is 1/Req = 1/R2 + 1/R3. If you have just two resistors, such as this case, you can also use the formula Req = (R2 * R3) / (R2 + R3).

Your Req in this case is 20.

2) The current going through your Req is equal to the sum of the currents going through R2 and R3. Since R1 and your Req are in series, the current going through R1 and Req is the same. Find the current going through these resistors.

I = 30 / (20 + 20) = 0.75A.

3) Now you have to go back to your separate resistors, R2 and R3. The total current through both of these resistors adds up to 0.75A. The current going through each resistor is related to its value. The bigger resistor has less current going through it. The current going through R3 is:
I * ( R2 / (R2 + R3)) = 0.6A.

The current through R3 is 0.6A.
>>
>>16922401
On an unrelated note. I used ARGO last year for my apprenticeship school training and it's better than our textbook. Seriously do as many lessons as possible even stupid things like operation of a shock absorber
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.