[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Porsche Transaxle Management Triangle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1792-2.jpg (588KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1792-2.jpg
588KB, 1200x800px
Since there's a daily "should I get an old Porsche as my first car" thread then I guess this might be pertinent. Have you guys noticed how the 1970s-1990s transaxle era Porsches all seem to fall into a sort of a Project Management Triangle? As in, instead of having to choose two out of three in the "Fast, Cheap and Good" scheme, you have to choose between these:

>Performance
>Reliability
>Affordability

The 924 is by far the most affordable Porsche and, since it was mostly engineered with sturdy Volkswagen and Audi parts that are widely available on the aftermarket, you can at the very least expect some reliability, but the performance is nowhere on the pace of its successors. It was conceived as a slower and mildly affordable touring car to succeed the 914, much like the Boxster is nowadays, rather than an actual performance car. The North American version is particularly bad in this regard, for some weird reason it had 1/3rd of the horsepower cut down from the original European version, hence why so many Americans disdain it as not being a "real Porsche".

The 944 is still pretty affordable and the handling is widely praised as being amongst the best for a 1980s sports car but relying on it as a daily drive without any form of back-up is pure madness. Same goes for the 928, it's even more powerful than the 944 and, despite being slightly more expensive, you can still find one in decent condition for less than 10k, but don't expect anything but pain when the rare and expensive engineering intricacies and the incredibly obsolete engine computer dies down on you. Both are cheap and perform well even for modern standard but don't expect reliability from them.

The 968 is easily the most well engineered out of the four, it has superb performance (especially the Club Sports version) and, being the most recent, it is also easily the most reliable, but you're certainly not going to find one in proper working condition for less than 10k.

So yeah, take your pick, fools.
>>
File: 944 levels of comfy.png (193KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
944 levels of comfy.png
193KB, 650x500px
Does this go here?
>>
>>16918270
Damn right it does, I do sort of miss /pog/.
>>
>>16918262
>pick 2 of
>>Performance
>>Reliability
>>Affordability

Don't this kind of apply to all cars
>>
>>16918279
Yeah, it was one of the nicer threads around here. I always enjoyed it an I don't even own a Porsche, although a nice 986 is way up there on my shortlist.
>>
>>16918279
what happened
>>
>>16918290
Sure sort of.

Comfort seems to be the thing you can sacrifice to get all three of those though. (unless you're one of those tards who considers anything with less than quadruple digit HP/TQ numbers to not be a performance car)
>>
>>16918313
It got too slow and fell off the board after a few posts each time it got created.
>>
>>16918262
Get a Boxster they're more reliable and much more viable daily drivers

>>16918313
Too many people outside enjoying their cars and not enough posting and keeping the thread from falling off the board
>>
File: 1463610274996.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1463610274996.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16918313
Pretty much >>16918333 and >>16919969 desu. There were some decent discussions going on in there and at the very least we were always able to help whenever someone wanted engineering help for their P but it's pretty hard to maintain a lively community when we're talking about such an exclusive badge.

Still, there were some nice pics posted every now and then, pic related.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.