[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason not to daily a 1984 325e? My commute is <10 minutes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Photo Mar 18, 2 53 24 PM.jpg (2MB, 3656x2938px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Mar 18, 2 53 24 PM.jpg
2MB, 3656x2938px
Any reason not to daily a 1984 325e? My commute is <10 minutes. Drivers in DFW have been mongoloid tier of intelligence lately though.

Anyone here daily a car that's more than 20 years old?

>mfw the PO used garage door seal and drywall screws to ghetto rig a front splitter
>>
File: 20161128_000508.png (943KB, 713x718px) Image search: [Google]
20161128_000508.png
943KB, 713x718px
>>16913809
>>
>>16913815
>muh mx5
Not enough umlauts.
>>
When I was in highschoool I used to daily a 76 camaro. It was alright, I spent $2800 on it and a couple hundred extra for repairs, it was in pretty bad condition when I got but it did its job for the most part.
My father dailys an 85 HJ60 landcruiser which goes fairly well, every now and then it has an issue or two so he has to take the bus but it pretty reliable.

Just make sure you have some form of transport or way of getting somewhere when the car does fuck up.
>>
My DD is an 83 E24, I also DD'd a 1963 Nova for 10 years. You can DD any car, how successful it will be depends on what you put into it, there is no correct answer to your question. The older a car is the easier it is to keep going generally speaking (time spent on fixing it wise), but there's going to be occasional catastrophic failures that can strand you.
>>
I don't see why not, especially for such a small trip.
I do 160km a day in my e36, thats 20 years old and going great
>>
>>16913809
>less than 10minutes a trip

Just change the oil more frequently and you're fine
>>
>>16913982
>>16913919
>>16913884
Good to hear.

There's obviously a chance that something retarded breaks and I get stuck somewhere, but I feel like that goes for pretty much anything. I have a 2014 Jetta GLI that's fucked me a couple times, even. It just happens.

As far as time and money upkeep, I am a little worried about that. It seems like the owner before the previous owner took good care of it, but the most recent owner kind of beat it up. Oil was leaking out from between the head and the block and the suspension was absolutely toasted. I'm having the garage down the street resurface the head right now, and put the ebay clutch back to OEM. 75% sure it just overheated bad once, warped the head, blew the gasket, and they replaced it with a shitty paper gasket kit.

The valve lash was also fucking outrageous.

So by this weekend it'll have all of that fixed as well as a new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, battery, oil and filter.

The odometer also stopped working at 150k, which could have been a decade ago for all I know. I'm a little scared that once the head gets sorted out, that it won't have great compression and I'll start having to think about a new engine. That's beyond my scope of capability, and not something I can really afford. Might be going to a scrap yard at some point and trying to find an M40.

Unless someone has an S62 lying around.
>>
>>16914083

Before doing a crazy swap, just do an M50 to learn about the car and engine.
>>
>>16913809
get a 325i instead. The E is a tractor.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490680134942.jpg (64KB, 1085x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490680134942.jpg
64KB, 1085x540px
I've had a '91 325i cabrio as my DD for 5 years now. Still runs well, but the midwest is rusting itt all to shit. Gonna garage it and restore it better but it's still solid

Pic related
>>
>>16914803
She just hit 208K miles btw
>>
>>16913809
I DD a '94 civic. 50 miles a day. been plenty reliable
>>
>>16914803
Beautiful
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.