[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A6 3.0T or E550?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1694.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1694.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Anyone have one of these? I'm trying to decide if the extra $7k is paying for the Merc with a V8 or if the Supercharged V6 is really nice. 2014 is the last year you can get a non AMG V8 so that's kinda special but I understand that superchargers have nice power bands.

Supercharged V6 or Turbo V8?
>>
>>16913670
I like the interior on the A6 more than the E-Class, they are both certified so have a few years of warranty left.
>>
>>16913670
benz no question
>>
>>16913785
Care to elaborate? I've driven the E350 but I have to travel 2 hours to test drive the E550 I'm considering.
>>
What years? The 2017 E-Class is amazing inside.

The A6 is nice but if i'm spending that kind of money I wouldn't want it to be on a VW based platform, overdramatic? Maybe.

Also if it's a FWD A6 you're looking at the E-Class would probably be a better car as far as driving experience is concerned.
>>
>>16913670
get an older e550
>>
I own an E classes and I'll tell you that its an absolute dream to drive granted you aren't pushing it. It's far way to heavy to take it into twisties. I mean my parents X1 is takes corners much more aggressive than my E.

But on long rides and after a super stressful day I feel more calm in my E than any other car.
>>
Isn't an A6 more comparable to an E350? The E550 is meant to compete with the S6 if I'm not mistaken. Probably where the price discrepancy lies. Either way, pulley and a tune on the A6 and you'll be running around 12.5 @ 112. With quattro of course. If you get a FWD A6 you deserve to be put to death. But then again the A6s without quattro don't come with the 3.0T so you're probably good there. Also you can probably get the Merc even faster just as easily but I don't know anything about those so you're on your own there.
>>
>>16913670

> Buying a glorified VW passat
>>
>>16915203
>>16914566
A6 isn't a vw platform. While it may be based on mlb architecture, it doesn't mean it's shared by any vw car, which it doesn't
>>
>>16913670
Merc has been steadily declining in value/performance. It's not what it used to be especially after 2013 and the shitty introduction of the CLA

In my honest opinion, my 2014 Audi A4 beats any CLA's, C300 and most C-Class cars.

Mercedes has actually always been shit desu, and I've figured this out a bit too late, my youth was comprised of AMGs, CLK-GTRs, Kompressors, F1 W07, GullWings, SLRs and S550s

but now I've fully realized how shit Mercedes has turned into.

While I don't like Audi's designs entirely, they are still better than Mercs overall imo and have now surpassed them

But I'm an old bimmer boy now and I'll prob sell my A4 off to buy something cheaper/less flashy like an E30 or
M3 E36
>>
The 3.0L SC is roughly the same engine as in the old S4, and the new S4 will ditch the SC in favor of turbos. The A6 will surely follow this route. I'd get the supercharged 3.0 while it's possible, just because of it is uncommon and I like the way power is delivered.

The A6 also looks a bit nicer but that's just my opinion.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.