[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dodge Dakota Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170327-182557.png (2MB, 1590x999px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170327-182557.png
2MB, 1590x999px
Are they worth buying? I'm looking at at 2004 club cab V8 with 175000km (about 108000 miles) it needs a bit of front end work in order to be perfect but do you think it's worth it? Also post your own Dakota if you wanna
>>
>>16913025
The 4.7s are kinda shitty and so are the automatics.
>is it worth it?
Worth what? $1500? $5000? $10000?

I have a 96 V8 5speed 2wd that i love but will have to part with sometime due to kids getting too big.
>>
>>16913143
It's $3000 and I'm just a 17 year old, not gonna have a family anytime soon
>>
>>16913290
Dakotas are made from the leftover parts of other models. Still away from the Dodge camp. Ranger, Tacoma, possibly A Frontier.
>>
>>16913290
In my area they rust. 04 with 108k... check the ball joints, easy enough to replacr but def a consideration, look at the brake lines for rust - a little is fine but if they're swollen looking they're probably ready to go, check the oil pan for rust - some of them are a bitch to change. If it's not rusty and had good tires $3k is reasonable, but I'd try to jew them down with a $2500 offer
>>
>>16913290
Hell no. You'll go broke keeping this thing on the road. Get a civic for 3k or a 4-cylinder manual ranger if you really want a truck.
>>
File: uiQOin5.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
uiQOin5.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>16913290
I've owned 6 Dodge Dakota's (most cheap throw away trucks less than $900)

They are not made from leftover parts, because only Dakota/Durango parts work together.

If you can drive a manual, they are better than the automatic.

The 5.2/5.9 engines have issues with the intake gasket blowing, 4.7 IMHO is a more refined engine, but still sucks.

3.9 is very good, we've had one last from new to 100k until it was wrecked.

Common issues: Steering shaft u joints are almost always worn (shaft is about $120 online), ball joints need to be repaired, easy to replace on RWD, hard to replace on 4WD, window motor on driver side always goes out, tank straps rust out and need to be replaced, abs sensor fucks up the speedo so replace it, fuel pump sending unit goes out on older models which causes the gauge not to work, and rust.

Past the common ball joint/steering shaft/abs sensor/gasket and fuel pump issues they aren't bad. I know that sounds like a lot but not many people fix these common issues and gives them a bad rep. Just try and pickup a rust free example.

>Pic is my most current beater truck
>>
I had an 04 4.7 45rfe 2x4 that was trouble free when I sold it with 200k miles.
The 4.7 is hit and miss, they are either trouble free or shit. If it ever gets hot it will be junk forever.
The 45rfe trans is great. Very strong. I have one in a Grand Cherokee with 350k miles.
The 42re trans is shit.
>>
>>16914430
>if you really want a truck
>a 4-cylinder manual ranger
>>
>>16914430
Worst advice ever. The Ranger is Ford's throw away truck.
>>
>>16916854
what the fuck does a 17 year old need to haul? nothing a 4-cylinder ranger can't.
>>
>>16916861
>throw away truck
>almost all of them on craigslist have over 200k
>60 listings on autotrader have over 200k.
>229k on mine
>>
>>16916880
>1 million sold
>only 50k still running

Only the gold turds are left anon
>>
>>16916880
Yeah they may have 200k but they are not good for long. I'm not gonna defend the Ford Ranger, it's a shit truck. My grandpa used to rebuild them then he moved onto Dakota's and they are easier to work on.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.