[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civic Type R - which gen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: images..jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
images..jpg
11KB, 300x225px
What gen type R is the most reliable of them all?
Performance wise, all are fast enough for my needs, but which gen has had the most problems and negatives?

Currently looking at the FN2 3rd gen (pic related) How are these in comparison to the first two?
>>
>>16910448
Not an expert, but this one is ugly, ep3 is prolly cheaper and can be modded with the remainder of cash.

>looks like an egg
>>
>>16910448
FD2, it is the generation when honda mastered the k series and the quality control issues of post 2000 hondas have faded away by the time it was produced. It is also new enough to not suffer fron reliability issues due to age, like most b series hondas.
>>
>>16910448
>>16910460
Also as far as FD2 vs FN2, the FD2 has a stiffer chassis and is much more practical than the FN2 without being that much larger.
>>
>>16910478
the only 2 FD cars sold in my country that I can find are over €20,000, so no, that one is out.

budget of 10-12000 yuropoors
>>
>>16910485
FD's here go for 20k+ privately
FN's go for around 9k
>>
>>16910486
>>16910492
Then the FN2 is a pretty solid choice for you, you should go and buy one.
>>
>>16910499
so the FN would be the better of the older type r models?

Are Type R variants generally more expensive to keep on the road than just a normal civic?
Harder on fuel, maintenance, reliability?
>>
>>16910448

FN2 is a sort of "tamed" type r, softer everything: power delivery, suspension, etc.
It's still a great car mind you, but it will all depend on what you want from.
Reliability wise they're not much different really.
>>
File: Renault-Clio_Sport-2006-ig.jpg (294KB, 2160x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Renault-Clio_Sport-2006-ig.jpg
294KB, 2160x1200px
>>16910478
I vote fd too.

Its the most handsome and the best overall money/perf.

>>16910486
for that money you can get a focus rc and megane sport /clio sport.

Clio sport mk 3 has 200 hp stock. Looks cool too. Check them all out and test drive them, you might fall in love with one of them.

Bench testing is useless. Cars are felt not read. Good luck.
>>
>>16910508
The FN2 isn't better per say compared to the EP3 performance wise, but as I said before the EP3 suffered from poor qc. Also the more tame engine in the FN2 should be more reliable than an older engine that is highly strung.
>>
>>16910518
For even less money he could get an R53 JCW, which imo is the better car
>>
>>16910518
I love the look of the RS clio, and the mk4 version too, but renault reliability vs honda reliability scares me off them
>>
>>16910532

Coopers are not reliable, check the forums. They are great when they work, but horribly expensive when you get a lemon, and there are lotsa lemons from cooper dep.

>>16910534
From what I read they arent bad, not honda tier, but not cooper tier either.
Megane sport is actually pretty reliable judging from forums.

t.fellow euro looking into hot hatches

For 20 k you can get a great car, just keep on googling and you will find the one. Cant go wrong with the honda u posted imo.
The design is what puts me off it.

Have you considered rwd?
>>
>>16910562
the design of that civic is a mixed second favorite of mine. The ek being my favorite, then the ep and fn joint.

The newer ones are just too grainy designed with cucked engines.

RWD would be on the table yes.

Budget of max 12k though
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.