[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fucking hell, buying a used car takes too much social contact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1395509515639.jpg (62KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1395509515639.jpg
62KB, 640x478px
Fucking hell, buying a used car takes too much social contact and communication for a typical 4chan aspie like myself.

I look with awe at people who find it easy to buy and sell cars and actually enjoy that. I have a pretty decent pay and I can easily afford the miata I'm looking into currently, but it's such a big deal for everyone around me. My parents are urging me to reconsider because it's a 2001. car and they want me to shell out almost twice as much on a brand new shitbox because it's brand new and will not break down. My friends are contemplating if the mileage was tampered with or not, I'm looking into the taxes and the procedure involved, parking spaces I could use near my apartment and calling up the shops to get an expert opinion. Suddenly every person in my social surroundings knows I'm buying a miata and will ask me why.

At this exact moment, I kind of want to give up on everything and be a bus rider forever. It's far simpler and free of drama.
>>
>hi
>hello
>how can i help you
>i want to check out ______,is it still available?
>yes/no
>etc
its that hard man wow
>>
post a link and /o will tell you wether or not to get it

promise /o you will do a few donuts and drifts, set up alive stream and take /o to look at the car with you.

Stop talking to your parents and your friends, the will never understand you the way /o does.
>>
>>16906104
Yeah, but that's not enough. Since I try to always be polite, I didn't ask a lot of questions I should have. I had a look at the car without having any talk on the price, without pointing out some minor damages on the car, hell, I forgot to write down the registration number. I don't even know the guy's name.
>>
>>16906158
You're setting yourself up for failure by worrying so much. Just go do it, the worst that could possibly happen is some random stranger will think that you're oddly nervous.
>>
File: m1.jpg (143KB, 920x517px) Image search: [Google]
m1.jpg
143KB, 920x517px
>>16906145
Since the ad is not in english but slavic moonspeak, here's a pic and translated info:

>year: 2001
>1.8 litre
>5-speed (I thought this was wierd because I was certain 1.8s always come with 6-speeds, but again, one of the things I didn't ask)
>first owner
>light damage to the soft top, but the hard top is included

>ABS
>aribags
>electric heated mirrors
>electric windows

The current owner says he had to replace the fuel pump, a headlight, the camshaft sensor thingy and that's pretty much it.

The most suspicious thing about the car is that despite the age it has no more than the equivalent of 35000 miles on the odometer. The owner claims he barely drove it because it was a weekend car from the start, but it still looks a bit low for a 16 year old car, but that's something I can check with my friends in the police.

The engine, as far as I could hear runs fine, I could hear no lifter tick or any kind of strange noises. While driving there are also no funny sounds apart from one of the hardtop clamps rattling occasionally.

No idea if it has an LSD and don't really care, also no idea if the crank is a short nose one, if NB's ever have such problems.
>>
>>16906335
Oh, and the asking price is the equivalent of ~$6k which is pretty much an average asking price people put on these over here.
>>
better to call than e-mail or text..
>>
>>16906609
this
>>
>>16906158
you could ask for him to show you around the car, that way you dont have to be the one in control.

Go to a used car dealership if you're that much of a complete puss
>>
The guy is expecting you to ask questions. Just look at it from his perspective. You wouldn't mind if somone asked you about your car.
>>
>>16906158
>Since I try to always be polite
This is a mistake. You're not there to be his friend. All business, faggot.
>>
>>16906080
Yoou're doing it wrong.

you just gotta lie to everyone except the people that will help you with your decision aka car friends.
Your parents won't unless either of them were or are car people they won't understand your reasons or will do what yours are doing.

>>16906335
It all checks out man. best way to tell whether the mileage is true would be to have a look around the diff, gearbox and any engine gaskets for oil and other fluids. If they are either fairly clean or the coating on them is very light I wouldn't be too suspicious. Particularly the diff and gearbox as these aren't as easy to clean as the engine.

You'll know if its much older because old buildup of oil and grime is thick and really hard to get off yourself. other then that you could get a vin check which would tell you the owners and reported mileage when regoed
>>
I've heard that I'm an ass to deal with, both when buying and selling
>>
>>16906335
what country?
>>
>>16906080
Just get a bro to go check it out with you. This alleviates some of the social stress.
>>
>>16906080
i want to buy an mr2 and other than dad convincing me to get a newer one and all my friends contsantly asking when its here I've had no trouble.
Other than parents trying to convince me to get some suv.
>>
>>16910036
Lel your parents must be car normies
>>
> trying to sell car
> nothing but Mexicans trying to low ball
> What's your bottom dollar
Triggered
>>
>>16906145
>/o
stop this
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.