[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My car has not jacking point in the front, but I want to put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: stands2.jpg (41KB, 557x418px) Image search: [Google]
stands2.jpg
41KB, 557x418px
My car has not jacking point in the front, but I want to put a jack stand under both sides. I've read that you can use the car subframe, but I'm scared of demolishing something.
What is the proper way to raise both sides of a car using a jack when there is no center point?
>>
>>16902234
chassis rails
>>
File: 1471982312305.png (33KB, 281x355px) Image search: [Google]
1471982312305.png
33KB, 281x355px
>>16902234
>>
>>16902237
So you insert the jack from the side, align it on the chassis rail, and lift until you can fit a jack stand under both sides?
Or do you do it in two steps?
>>
>>16902234
Oil pan would be optimal.
>>
>>16902249
close the garage and run the engine.
>>
>>16902249
I'm assuming you're using a 2/3-ton floor jack, in which case yes either way works depending on what's easiest/how big your car is.

If you're using a scissor jack, stop doing that.

You could also push the jack under from the front and use gearbox crossmember if your car has a conveniently placed one of those, in which case you will be jacking from the centre. Don't confuse this with the sump, anon, that would be silly.
>>
>>16902234
the frame you fucking retard
>>
>>16902272
isn't that dangerous?
>>
>>16902432
If you leave it running for like a day yes. But anything less than that is just safety hype.
>>
>>16902413
Thanks anon, I'm not sure why so many /o/tists get triggered by someone asking how to work safely. ie:
>>16902251
>>16902272
>>16902430
I'll do it in two step until I'm used to where the frame is and ain't scared of lifting on something like the transmission or oil pan. My jack is a 2.5 ton floor jack.
>>
>>16902234
If it has pinch welds along the bottom of the rocker panels, those will be fine too. You can also use the control arms under the lower ball joints. What car?
>>
File: ottawa.jpg (75KB, 632x636px) Image search: [Google]
ottawa.jpg
75KB, 632x636px
>>16903545
It has pinch welds, but the question is, if I use those to lift one side of the car, and place a jack stand - can I then lift the other side with the jack? Or is it dangerous to lift the other side while the car is on a jack stand. My shitbox is an elantra 2005.
>>
>>16903578
Yeah you'll be just fine. Just don't work under it while it's only on one stand.
>>
>>16903578
>2005 Elantra
>no jack point

That car has a huge subframe going all around the engine and transmission.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.