[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know NOTHING about cars.....Next week I'm heading to a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 645674.jpg (18KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
645674.jpg
18KB, 306x306px
I know NOTHING about cars.....Next week I'm heading to a few dealerships next week to inquire. Budget is 25k and aiming for a full-size SUV. Advice?
>>
>>16883078
do kegel exercises.
>>
3k lifted civic
>>
>>16883078
Look around on autotrader first so you know what your dealerships have available and you aren't searching aimlessly. Compare prices/mileage/etc.

25k Will likely get you a mid 2000's SUV if you're going fullsize. American cars might be cheaper, and this might be seen as a meme, but really, stay away from anything FCA/Ford. FCA/Ford from the mid 2000's is absolute shit and will give you nothing but problems. They might be a few grand cheaper but you'll quickly spend that and more in repairs. I'd recommend a Honda or Toyota, but take into account there is the "Toyota Tax".

Once you find something you like, read up on it and do your research. Certain cars might have quirks or known engine issues, some might be easy fixes or some might be recurring, but if you go mid 2000's like I'm assuming all of that should be well documented across forums/the internet by now.

Godspeed anon, please don't come back here with a chrysler or I'll laugh at you.
>>
>>16883078
>>>/n/
>>
Kek get a toyota you pleb, if you are really dumb you should get a new car, because normies cant wrench and end up paying some mechanic money that wont add any value to an already depreciating asset.
>>
>>16883078
But as much Toyota Seqouia as you can afford.if that is too big, go with a 4Runner.

If the vehicle has service records, don't worry about high miles.
>>
>>16886375
Toyota Sequoia tends to be cheaper than 4runners in my area. I would also consider a GM Tahoe 5.3. It will probably have a few more small problems over its life but will be much cheaper and cheaper to repair.

Might want to hunt around for a Lexus gx. It will have the most miles but they seem to be very solid.
>>
>>16886391
Yeah, since we are getting into details on the weird depreciation curve of Toyotas, the lexus GX is "more car" than the 4Runner, but often trades at similar prices or even less on the used market. There just isbt the knowledge about the GX, and the 4Runner values are cranked so high that they exceed Seqoua and lex GX prices. But ask anyone with firsthand experience owning any of the three mentioned Toyota/Lexus SUv's and they will agree that it was worth it and a positive experience.

5.3L Tahoe is a solid choice. But they obviously start to have issues with age. Usually this is not difficult or expensive to stay on top of, but someone that doesn't know anything about cars probably should stay away. These are excellent battle wagons for someone with a halfway decent garage of their own though IMO. But you can't beat the Toyota/Lexus for just turning the key and going.
>>
>>16883105
Honda Pilot isn't a full size SUV, and isn't really even a true SUV. But they are fairly large and run forever while remaining economical.

Without knowing your needs other than what OP calls a "Full size SUV" and a price limit, it's kinda hard to tell. I have friends that are looking for a "family car" and only a full size burban or escalade ESV meet their size considerations for a couple and a young child. Yet to my coworkers, a "family car" is a Prius V. Size perceptions are kinda weird like that.
>>
>>16883078
You could probably buy a nissan qashqai for that price if they sell them in burgerland, work as a tech and rarely see the petrol ones come in and theyre pretty comfy
>>
>>16886428
That's a homosex crossover
>>
>>16883078
I know it isn't exactly full size, but a manual transmission Honda CRV is one of the all time greatest SUVs.
>>
Just go Hyundai, best deal for the money nowadays when getting a normie car. Alternatively you can kill yourself for wanting a full size SUV. Get a WRX m8.
>>
>>16883078
How much down? Do you even know your credit score? Or are you paying cash? Why do you even need an suv? Or do you mean a shitty crossover?
>>
Off-topic

Tomorrow I'll be deciding between a 2013 toyota avensis D4D 2.0 124 hp or Skoda Superb 2012 diesel 2.0 170 with more options, at a better price relatively to the market.

What do??
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.