[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be a problem if i get a modern honda or toyota with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1488498890818.jpg (34KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
1488498890818.jpg
34KB, 600x350px
Would it be a problem if i get a modern honda or toyota with a CVT transmission? I hear CVTs suck.. also can you guys redpill me on the ford focus and fusion? Which is better .. i like how they look
>>
GOOGLE MOTHERFUCKER.

USE IT.

THIS IS NOT A SPOONFEEDER CICLEJERK
>>
Yeah CVT's suck hard.
>>
>>16881977
CVTs are the transmissions of the future. Other types can't compete with the ability to change gear ratios instantaneously at a continuum.
>>
>>16881977
Modern cvts are more reliable then robotic dual-clutch transmissions.
A CVT can behave in many different ways, so test drive your car and make sure you like how the transmission works. I got a 2011 Subaru and its transmission is somewhat sluggish, but I have shift pedals, so that problem can be solved.
Be aware that a CVT can be loud compared to other transmissions.
>>
>>16882042
This. Currently they're being used wrong, though, for the most part.

>fake shift feeling
>only put in underpowered shit boxes
>no usable reliability figures yet which means anecdotes are all you find

Subaru I think is the only one with a high-ish HP engine into a CVT. Seems to be doing fine.

Mpgees and better acceleration await us all.
>>
>>16882042
the 70's called, they said you're fucking dumb
>>
>>16881977
>I hear CVTs suck
They are objectively the best. Manual lads just don't like them because they are speeding up the death of manuals.
>>
Keep in mind OP that toyota e-cvt is special. Go google it
>>
>>16881977
Apart from being sleep inducing, CVTs are pretty good.
>>
The thing is hondas and toyotas are reliable but are now CVT so im not sure whether to get one or not.... ford focus and fusion are still automatic..
>>
>>16881977
>liking modern car design
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 8014.jpg (120KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
8014.jpg
120KB, 800x489px
>>16881977
Focus has a garbage auto transmission that'll try to kill itself from under you. If you want a Focus, get it in manual. Seats on the Fusion were a little stiff on my test drive, but I think that's just because I'm used to well-used shitboxes.
Otherwise, both are good choices with a huge range of engine options and more exotic drivetrains like EV for the Focus and plug-in for the Fusion. Both offer small-displacement turbo motors for good fuel economy, or normal-displacement turbos for more power, or NA motors for being cheap and taking the middle ground.
I would also implore you to consider the Kia Optima. It's at a good price, has a ton of options, is comfy, and is the best-looking of the current mid-sizers.
>>
>>16882048
Your also supposed to do a full transmission service every 30k miles with a CVT. That green CVT fluid is expensive stuff.
>>
>>16884745
Most automatic transmissions should get serviced every 30-60k miles. That's once every few years for most people. Meaning if you get a new car on average every 7 years, you might do it twice.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.