[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypermiling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 20170312_095616.png (128KB, 1440x594px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_095616.png
128KB, 1440x594px
Does anyone on /o/ hypermile? Link for the uninitiated: http://ecomodder.com/ some folks are getting 100+mpg out of an EPA estimated 25mpg car. http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/109-mpg-zx2-gettin-the-hang-of-it-3350.html Thoughts? Opinions? Tips? Experiences? Pic unrelated
>>
>negative

i put my foot to the floor 25% of the time and still get an average of 30.2 mpg, could do better but hypermiling is boring and id rather drive fast
>>
>>16881890
Hypermiling irritates the other drivers so I don't do it. Keeping up with traffic is better than forcing everyone else to wait behind me as I coax out the last bit of coasting from my car, or have super slow accelerations, or refuse to keep up with traffic but instead go below the speed limit at a more efficient speed for MPG.
>>
>>16881890
it's not practical where I live due to tight fast moving traffic, and I don't enjoy that sort of thing anyway
>>
>>16881890
i drive a 1.2L 3 cylinder
i can touch the floor all day and not go under 35mpg
>>
My friend used to do that on his tdi. It did increase the mpg but the turbo cracked a few weeks later.
>>
>>16881890
I did it once when I was too low on gas to get back home driving normally.
>>
Sometimes. I've been trying to hypermile because I get paid next week and I'm running low on cash.
>>
>drive from Hamilton to Ottawa ~500km trip.
>slipstream with semi's basically the whole trip
Iirc, 35mpg on a 05 outback. Shit was cash but boring.
>>
I ride a motorcycle.

>mfw passing cars and gettin hektik in the twisties
>mfw 50 mpg
>>
>>16887136
>slipstream with semi's basically the whole trip

I HATE cruising behind semis.
Don't want to get one behind me when I already have one in the front.

Always trying to avoid them at all cost, fuck those couple mpgs.
>>
No,

that's typical Amerisperg shit taking things too far.
Just a calm driver. Get around 60 mpg on average. Mostly highways in a petrol car.
>>
File: IMG_2043.jpg (104KB, 960x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2043.jpg
104KB, 960x653px
I have a big block Ford V8 in an SUV that has a curb weight of over 2 1/2 tons. I put the pedal to the metal whenever I can. Average MPG: 9.4.

Suck my cock, EPAfags.
>>
File: 20170318_180120_resized.jpg (252KB, 1268x713px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_180120_resized.jpg
252KB, 1268x713px
I'm planning on fitting a chip that is supposedly going to up the MPG very slightly while also raising power

We'll see how it turns out, although this isn't really a car for those too concerned with MPG anyways
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.