[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NC Miata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 300x200px
Are these a reliable car, like the NA/NB models?

Ive heard of bad engine issues with the NC, is this true?

Any issues to watch out for?
>>
would an mr-s mr2 mark3 be a better alternative?

Do they rust as badly or have major issues apart from storage?
>>
Don't they basically use the same engine you get in the Mazda 3 and Ford Focus?
>>
>>16882441
is the engine in the Na/NBs shared from other cars and manufacturers too?

Does the NC share anything else with the focus?
>>
>>16881716
I feel bad for you anon because nobody has answered any of your questions. I would try if I actually knew anything about cars.
>>
>>16882678
thank you anon
>>
>>16882688
why don't you try looking on miata forums or posting in a general thread?
>>
>>16882688
Wiki said it's highly related to duratec used in most passenger Ford's, Mazdas, and Volvo's. Idk if the pistons, cams, etc. are very different, but I would assume this engine has some sporty bells and whistles on it. The design has to be a decade old now I would think the mechanical kinks are solved now.
>>
>>16881716
Pre-facelift NC (so 2006-2009) can have abnormal engine oil consumption especially on the 2L models. Also the thermostat breaks often but the newer replacements are more robust.
>>
>>16882688
>Are these a reliable car, like the NA/NB models?
yes
>Ive heard of bad engine issues with the NC, is this true?
don't know of any. mine's still going strong at 110k+ miles
>Any issues to watch out for?
none i can think of
>would an mr-s mr2 mark3 be a better alternative?
don't know. they're a bit more unique but the miata is probably easier to live with. i'm sure others can give more input on this one
>Do they rust as badly
not as much as earlier ones. but worse than average compared to other cars of its age because >mazda
>or have major issues apart from storage?
no spare tire
>>16882441
the NCs use the MZR 1.8 or 2.0.
the NC shares the same platform as the RX-8 so some bits are interchangeable
>>
>>16881716
OP if you're getting a soft top also get a trumpet brush from ebay/chink site to clean the rain drains. They might have lots of gunk in it if the previous owner left it outside or under trees, and you don't want the interior to be flooded because the drains are obstructed. Look for guides on google.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.