[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stereo help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
I bought this premium Scion stereo off eBay. It plugs in and works fine except for one problem:

So when you press AM it switches to AM, and when you press FM it switches to FM. But when you press AUX or disc, it stays on FM or AM, and doesn't switch over when you press the AUX or disc button. No, there are no wiring mistakes. What do I do? Can't find an answer anywhere.
>>
>>16873455
really stupid question, only asking to eliminate obvious problems.. when you try to switch to CD, do you actually have a CD in? same for AUX.. do you actually have something plugged in?
>>
>>16873455
In an Entune Tech and (since there are no official Bespoke techs) I work with the Scion systems as well. If it's anything like the touch screen units, the system has to register that a CD or AUX source is inserted. No CD = No CD option
>>
File: radio.jpg (88KB, 978x658px) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg
88KB, 978x658px
>>16873482
Never put a CD in, but I did try it with and without AUX. I plugged in an adapter through the back of the stereo to plug into my phone, and I tried it with my phone plugged and unplugged.

I KNOW that the AUX connection works though, because when I plug in my phone and turn up the music volume, I cannot hear it through my phone's speakers, meaning that it has connected to the stereo, but when I press AUX it stays on FM.
>>
>>16873504
I'm** damn phone
>>
>>16873508
AKA when I plug in my phone and press the AUX button, it doesn't switch to AUX and just stay silent, it stays on FM and plays FM radio.
>>
>>16873508
Just because there isn't sound from the phone doesn't mean the system port works. Phone probably just thinks the aux cable is headphones and the music is stuck in limbo
>>
well seeing as its from ebay and its not working as intended you shoul;d probably return it or ask for a refund.

ebay should be on your side if the seller provided a damaged product.
>>
>>16873517
Or it could just be a faulty Aux button honestly.
>>
File: 8277529_f520.jpg (41KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
8277529_f520.jpg
41KB, 520x390px
>>16873530
The seller sells a bunch of these, and states that the only defects are light scratches.
>>16873533
pls no

I really don't want to return this, I've never done a return to an online retailer before, sounds like a lot of work.
>>
>>16873545
You could probably have it repaired or even repair it yourself
>>
>>16873584
how do I repair it myself
>>
>>16873637
First you have to decide if you want to return it or repair it. Next, determine where the issue is (you may need to try another Aux cable or open up the head unit.) from there you should be able to determine if the button is broken or not (broken solder, plastic looks like a piece is missing on the backside of the button, etc.) just look for something out of place and that is most likely the cause. Otherwise, check back over your wiring or just return the head unit.

If it were me, I'd just return it and try another. If the issue persists, its most likely either the port in the car or the wiring
>>
>>16873651
I mean could the AUX button really be broken? I mean there's no way the AUX AND the disc buttons are both broken

but I'll follow your advice.
>>
>>16873669
I dunno if there's a common circuit/pin/ground they share but since both don't work I'd look for something like that.
>>
>>16873679
thanks I'll have to check it out in the morning.
>>
>>16873455
Go through all of your settings
Im several head units that I have had, there is an option to turn AUX on and off through the menu.

When it was off, pressing the AUX button wouldnt work.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.