[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Idea or Bad Idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: honda_engine_cut_away.jpg (157KB, 701x693px) Image search: [Google]
honda_engine_cut_away.jpg
157KB, 701x693px
Me and a friend were theory crafting ways to boost horse power. We had the curious notion to add sodium hydroxide to the fuel. The intent being to enhance combustion and increase fuel efficiencies. Anyone have experience with this?
>>
>>16858937
NaOH is not soluble in gasoline. It is soluble in ethanol, but ethanol is already an oxygenated fuel. Furthermore, according to
https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/sodium_hydroxide
NaOH is not combustible (even if it were, what happens to the Na2O? I can't think combusted metals won't cause problems with a cat). Really bad idea.
>>
Also, would there be practical use for WD-40 for the transmission.
>>
>>16859042
Yeah, I told my friend my guess would be it'd make caustic precipitates. He had the notion based on the hydrocarbons breaking down during combustion. With ethanol mixed in, would there be room for it or is it already too saturated?

I suppose bicarbonate would likely form, yeah this sounds worse the more I contemplate it.
>>
Add some cilantro and hot sauce for better gainz.
>>
>>16858937
saw something on mythbusters: were doing a car special adding mothballs to gasoline seemed to up the octane level for a cheap booster?
>>
>>16859096
Only if it's organic
>>
>>16859043
No. Far too thin.
What would your logic be for a moisture displacing fluid?
>>
>he doesnt have a hydrogen injector for his cylinders for maxium combustion power
>>
>>16859103
Yeah, the idea was to create more loose oxygen ions for combustion. More a shot in the dark style brainstorming. Did they go into different quantities within that special?

>>16859114
We were thinking along the lines of enhancing the viscosity of the oils, and minute additive. Likely kept to minimum levels to prevent the accumulation of its corrosive properties.
>>
>>16859150
you mean like an electrical hydrogen producer like in hydrogen cars? Sounds like you want me to put water into the engine. That is a silly notion, sir.
>>
>>16859168
>hydrogen from custom hydrogen tank directly injected into combustion chamber for max power
its like youre not even trying
>>
>>16859196
Is there even a workable example of this? I'm not trying to turn this into a rocket engine.
>>
>>16859227
>Is there even a workable example of this?
nah mate I was just pulling your leg
>>
>>16859235
Well now you got me thinking about using a turbine all together. Like a cylinder built into the transmission at the tail end of a turbine.
>>
Charles says thanks for the loopbacks and feedback. This was educational.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.