[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a car like pic related. Looking at new mufflers and I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2001-Honda-Prelude_18592.jpg (517KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
2001-Honda-Prelude_18592.jpg
517KB, 1200x800px
I have a car like pic related. Looking at new mufflers and I know OBX makes a mugen universal muffler that is a jank muffler compared to the 500-700 dollar real japanese mugen one on their website. If I get the 100 dollar OBX muffler on ebay will I be disappointed? If so I'm gonna get the apexi n1 universal off their website for like 260 dollars.
>>
>>16850377
is it completely stock right now?
>>
Why are Hondafags so retarded
>>
>>16850388
yes it is just replaced stuff like water pump, alternator, clutch, belt, etc.
>>
>>16850389
because we're poor. just tell me if it's a gay muffler or not edgelord
>>
>>16850377
You're a goodamn faggot. I own one of these cars, and not only does the stock muffler sound and look good, any aftermarket muffler you buy for a Honda will look and sound 100x worse. The only attention you will get is from people disgusted by you ruining a 15 year old fwd touring coupe with a fucking civic or integra fartcan.

If you MUST spend money on ricer exhaust bullshit atleast buy headers. They will still change the sound but not as much, they will give you way more performance gain over a muffler, and they will rice the fuck out of your engine bay. Just powder coat the valve cover green while your at it.
>>
>>16850403
that's the thing I dont want a muffler that sounds like a soda can. I dont want rice but Im gonna have to invest in an entire system probably. But i heard twin loops could be quiet without all that which is why i came here
>>
>>16850377
OBX makes the best knockoffs, but get headers instead of a muffler
>>
>>16850393
Then keep it stock. If you wanted to rice one out why wouldn't you buy one that's already modded?
>>
>>16850415
see >>16850411
>>16850412
thanks for actually helping
>>
>>16850411
What I'm saying is that the stock muffler isn't terribly restritive, and as an owner I can say it already sounds pretty good for a 4 cyl Honda. For looks, the stock is a decent dual tip chromed unit. Most aftermarket units are huge single exit fartcans with stupid colours. It's just my opinion the only reason to change it is for ricing shit out. Also, headers are better than mufflers anyway since you get all the rice with less negative attention and more power.
>>
>>16850432
yeah it's decent I just want a little bit of sound. I know they're fartcans. What if I just got a resonator
>>
>>16850432
also mine isn't chromed
>>
just get an intake, its the most simple installation. this car really has no value so dont spend too much on it. just keep up with maintenance

rims>tires>tune>intake>header>exhaust>suspension> for maximum tuning or mix and match.
>>
>>16850377
Listen you dumb nigger, its not 1994-2001 anymore. I had one of these cars - you dont need a fart cannon on it. The N1 is ongodly loud as fuck with a highway droan that will make your gay lover jump out of it. If you are going to buy any aftermarket parts: Upper and lower tiebars, and thats it. The ODB2 will just detune any mods you slap on it... unless you go full retard on your 15 year old car and get a turbo or SC installed.. which I doubt on your ebay budget.
Leave the car as it is.. and just drive it, its a fucking classic. Hunt down some JDM fogs, or a body kit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.