[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I work on this car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7871.jpg (116KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7871.jpg
116KB, 640x459px
Faimly friend is willing to give me a 97' Toyota Corrolla but the clutch is shot and the seatbealt is broken. The damage seen to the front has since been repaired but not the clutch or seatbelt. I was saving to buy a car but this could be cheaper, although I have never driven a stick shift. I have experince riding quads and motorbikes so manual transmissions are not new to me. It has 150,000 miles and runs smoothly, no leaks that I could find. Is this car worth fixing?
>>
>>16845142
>Free car
>Only mechanical problem is the clutch

OP, this is a no-brainer
>>
>>16845142
The frustration of spending money on parts and then doing your own repairs might not be worth it desu
>>
>>16845142
Take it in and get the clutch worked on if you don't want to work on it. Would make a great shitbox.
>>
>seat belt
Piss easy
>clutch
If you can't do it yourself it can't be more than $500 at a shop in the most extreme case.

This is a fucking no-brainer.
>>
>>16845142
>Shot Clutch

$3-400 labor at a shop. Have them do the clutch master and slave too, the slave cylinder is located in the bellhousing on those cars. If you can ride a motorcycle you can drive a manual car, you just can't ride the clutch as much as you can a wet clutch bike.

>Seatbelt

Do this yourself. Should take no more than a hour.
>>
>>16845254
>slave cylinder in the bell housing
You mean on?
Its in top of the trans toward the front of the car.
>t. Former corolla owner
Takes two seconds to change
>>
i would love to have that car.
>>
File: 1419.png (46KB, 248x197px) Image search: [Google]
1419.png
46KB, 248x197px
Restore meme queen
pledge to protect
>>
>>16845142
>free car
>cheap parts, easy fixes
hell yes

of course, unless you've got a car of your own that is this bulletproof already.
>>
scrap it that's write off damage
>>
File: IMG_20151122_102545237.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151122_102545237.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Absolutely yes get that car. I did exactly that; got a corolla with a bad clutch and other suspension shit. I fuckin repaired that shit all myself at my buddo's shop and never looked back... until i bought another toyota. lol.

DO IT FAGGOT
>>
do it mane

>>16847663
also this
>>
>>16845142
those seventh-gen corollas are miracles, fix the clutch and it'll run for another 100k miles
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.