[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going to look at this 1989 Soarer this dude is trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 00i0i_6mZeMIW8bX_600x4501[1].jpg (30KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
00i0i_6mZeMIW8bX_600x4501[1].jpg
30KB, 600x337px
So I'm going to look at this 1989 Soarer this dude is trying to sell.

It's got the 7M in it and miles are pretty low (60000 km). Body has no damage and interior is mint. He wants 4500 for it.

I'm a little hesitant because I've never bought an import and have no idea if that's a good price or not. It's also an automatic which kind of sucks. I've got one friend telling me it's a good deal and the car is worth more, but he thinks all 80s Toyotas are gold. My other friend says I shouldn't pay more than 3000 and that I should "just get a CRX or something".

Can you help me out, /o/? I don't really know if this is a deal or not.

Pic is a random Soarer, not the one I'm looking at.
>>
What country are you from?
>>
>>16842654
I'm American
>>
Also is the transmission a R154, W58, or a A340E?
>>
>>16842664
It's the A340E, an automatic.

I imagine I could switch it for an R154 down the road though, right? I prefer manual but I'm no purist so the transmission's not a big dealbreaker.
>>
>>16842606
First thing you want to check is if the head bolt are torqued down right and if the head gasket has gone on it.
>>
Just google 7m headgasket and for the love of God, don't click the WordPress article. That guy is a retard.
Anyway, headgasket woes can be prevented, but you'll constantly be stressed and worry about them.
T. 7m owner
>>
>>16842671
A340E is compatible with AW-4. What that really means is you can swap in a junkyard AX-15 from a Jeep with a bit of work.
>>
>>16842606
I actually own a 1990 soarer, i paid 4500 for mine but it's got the 1g engine. Fun car love to drive it, got it off an import guy here in Texas
>>
>>16842671
Yes, it is possible to convert to R154 down the line. If you really like the uniqueness of the Z20 Soarer you should get this car! It's like a Supra, but not a Supra.
>>
OP if you don't mind auto, that would be a good deal. Converting the auto trans to an R154 is a shit load of work though, so if you want to do that just be prepared for a ton of work and a ton of potential issues. I'd look online for a tranny swap guide to see just how much work there is involved with it.

With the 7m, 60,000 km should be fine. The headgaskets don't usually start having issues until about 120,000 km. Also is it a GE or GTE? Just check for any oil or coolant leaks with the engine.

Considering how good of shape its in and how it's unique, 4500 is a fair deal for a good car in that shape with that low of km.

Just check with your insurance provider and make sure they can cover RHD vehicles, I've heard some don't. Premiums might be higher because of this too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.