[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much longer does the Econoline have to live now that the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How much longer does the Econoline have to live now that the Transit is being sold domestically?
>>
Church buses paddy wagons and the like will still be needed
>>
>>16838176
It's already dead. Ford only sells it as a cutaway now.
>>
>>16838187
eh, they make transits that hold 15 passengers, just as much as the biggest econoline van could
not to mention they're better in almost every conceivable way over the old vans
>>
>>16838189

This. Coach builders are gonna be buying the cutaways to build buses and ambulances because the Transit is too light duty to handle the requirements for those vehicle types.

>>16840039

The only thing the old E Series was good at was towing, other than that the new Transits are better in every other category.
>>
is the transit gud? does it have awd or 4x4 optionally?
>>
File: screen.jpg (195KB, 1344x645px) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
195KB, 1344x645px
>>16840062
>the Transit is too light duty to handle the requirements for those vehicle types.
>>
>>16842574
Relatively. You have to consider the average patient here in the US is three times the global average in weight and has cardiovascular problems. A transit would be on the GVM limit.
>>
>>16840039
I've seen 18 seater Transits and bigger here in Europe.

>>16842639
The dually version of the Transit is rated for more than 3.5 tons.
>>
>>16842574
They still make the econoline in e-350 and 450 cutaways for ambulances. still has the garbage 6.0 diesel or the garbage v10
>>
>>16842682
Fuck most people are just buying f-550 truck frames for ambulances these days anyways, euroambos are just plain cute next to any us amburlampse
>>
>>16842682
The Transit 350 is Class 3 with a fully laden weight of 10,500lbs, same as the F350.

F450 is Class 4.

But payload capacity aka tonnage is 1 1/2 tons for the Transit 350, same as the F450. The F350 is 1 ton.

What did they mean by this?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.