[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So guys I got one stupid question In my understanding vacuum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: turbo twingo.jpg (149KB, 1024x764px) Image search: [Google]
turbo twingo.jpg
149KB, 1024x764px
So guys I got one stupid question

In my understanding vacuum assisted brakes get their vacuum from the intake manifold (the sucking motion of the piston creates it).

Now when you put a turbo on it the intake manifold get's pressurized so where in the hell vacuum assisted brakes get their vacuum?
>>
>>16837384
Get a vacuum tree and hook everything up to it.
>>
>>16837442
How much vacuum does a vacuum tree create?
>>
>>16837468

About tree fiddy...
>>
>>16837442
Where does the vacuum tree gets it's vacuum?
>>
>>16837478
Nice
>>
>>16837384
My old 900 Turbos had the brake servo connected up normally but with a non-return valve so the servo body acted as a vacuum reservoir, but my 9-3 Aero had a small vacuum pump driven off the end of the inlet camshaft, like a diesel.
>>
>>16837384

Have you ever seen a boost gauge? Usually half of it indicates boost, half of it indicates vaccum.

Air in the intake manifold is not always pressurized on a turbo engine. Vaccum assisted brakes get their vaccum when, duh, the engine is in vaccum i.e you're not on the throttle and thus not producing boost.
>>
>>16837597
Thanks
>>
>>16837597
So what if someone has fitted anti-lag?
>>
>>16837645
then you're driving a racecar
>>
>>16837648
And where do they get their vacuum from?
>>
>>16837655
a literal vacuum
>>
>>16837655
outer space
>>
>>16837384
>when you put a turbo on it the intake manifold get's pressurize
hurrrrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrrr

'no'

All a Turbo does is ruin the integrity of the vacuum. It still exists, it just sucks now.

Turbo ruins your car.
>>
>>16837661
I see thanks
>>
>>16837655
they don't use servos. and if they do they'll have a vacuum pump like on a diesel
>>
>>16837664
Thanks
>>
Thank you guys I feel a tiny bit less stupid now
>>
I installed a vacuum gauge in my old POS to monitor the system for leaks since it's old and brittle. Even without a turbo, the vacuum disappears when I'm on the throttle. I think they just don't expect you to be on brake and throttle at the same time, so it's a non issue.
>>
File: 20170225_174557.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170225_174557.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hey /o/ I have a stupid question too, I have a 99 infinity i30 and when I turn tree is a loud nasty sounding clicking from the front end of the car, the clicking gets worse and faster the tighter I turn. It tends to do clock g for turning right then left, as well. Any ideas? Is this worth getting fixed?
>>
Just because you have a turbo does not mean your entire intake system is pressurized. Anything up stream of the turbo fresh air inlet will be under vacuum.
>>
>>16837824
Typically clicking or clunking when turning usually means cv joints, is that thing FWD?
>>
File: 1489593748568.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1489593748568.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>16837478
>>
>>16837384
Why are you in boost while you're braking? That seems counterproductive to me. It's not an issue on turbocharged cars, but it becomes a big deal when you have a naturally aspirated engine with huge lumpy cams that doesn't generate much vacuum. In that case, it's time to depower your brakes and go to a proper dual master system.

The thing about power brakes is that it's not actually a driver aid like power steering or ABS (although power assistance is required for ABS). It's actually a bandaid for having rotors that are too small (to make them cheaper) and pads without enough bite (to make them cheaper and prevent squeaking and dust). If you have large enough rotors with high mu pads, your brakes will be the same weight and throw as stock but without the slop introduced by the brake master.
>>
>>16838052

Right, but if you plumb your brake booster to the air cleaner you are a fucking moron.
>>
>>16837384

If anything vaccum to the brakes is increased under boost due to the venturi effect.
>>
>>16837824
Yes it is a front wheel drive, is this repair doable for someone with little experience or should I take it to a shop?
>>
>>16838999
The Venturi effect causes a reduction in pressure not an increase
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.