[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ORG/ - Off Road General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Landy.jpg (411KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Landy.jpg
411KB, 1280x960px
>Toyota Edition
Please post Toyotas and other 4x4s from my childhood only.

ITT:
Toyotas
Wagoneers
Paved roads
Safe spaces
No GM products allowed
>>
File: fwx_09frontier_fenders_01.jpg (164KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
fwx_09frontier_fenders_01.jpg
164KB, 800x533px
I'm currentIy a hasbike and am looking to buy a truck. I want something mid-size and capable offroad but practical. need 4 doors and reasonable room for 4-5 people preferably.

Plan to use it as a little camping/expedition vehicle and something to use whenever I go out and need to bring people along.

Needs:
4 wheel drive
decent offroad aftermarket
preferably a good amount of power
hoping for semi-decent economy but not expecting it
solid reliability
4 doors
something in the sub-20-25k range used.

I've considered pic related (Frontier) because I think they look cool and know they're based on the same frame as the Titan. The VQ motors are a gud. Decent aftermarket. They don't have the Toyota tax but are just as good

Also obviously considering the 1st and 2nd generation Tacomas but the 1st gens were a bit small and the second gens had some issues. Still wouldn't mind one.

Not opposed to a mid-size SUV or even a full size truck if the case could be made. I do prefer the bed of a truck though. Motorcycles, hauling shit, and such.

What say you /o/?
>>
File: 1488857891880.png (649KB, 960x584px) Image search: [Google]
1488857891880.png
649KB, 960x584px
>>16835979
Personally I'd go with the Tacoma, under 25k shouldn't be too hard. The aftermarket cannot be beat and muh reliability.

If you are in fact set on something not having the Toyota tax, then personally I'd go with the Colorado over the Frontier, but that's because of personal shit(looks, MAGA, etc).

You've got the general idea, its just up to your taste/budget at this point.
For what you want, the frontier would be great for.
If you decide at some point you decide you want to do hardcore offroading, then come back with your new parameters.
>>
>>16835979
>tacoma
i don't know why everyone gets all butthurt about the resale value of the tacos
tacomas are good trucks
>>
>>16837527
good for your weekly trip to the mall, maybe
>>
>>16835979
Obvious answer is tacoma, but it really sounds like you should be looking for a SUV
Look for older land cruisers, 4runners. If you're looking to sell a few years from now avoid nissan
>>
File: Toyota_4 Runner_SUV 3 door_1986.jpg (539KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Toyota_4 Runner_SUV 3 door_1986.jpg
539KB, 1600x1200px
>ywn take ur wife, 2.5 kids and a dog/cat on a rolling adventure out in your japanese bronco
sad desu
>>
>>16837527
Buying a new Taco at $35k and selling it for $30k instead of buying a competitor at $35k and selling it for $25k makes sense. In that case, "holding value the longest" is beneficial to you. However once you get past that point, the prolonged depreciation period becomes less beneficial to the point that it actually flops and becomes a disadvantage.

You've got people looking for cheap trucks paying $8k for a Taco they'll sell for $5k because "it holds its value" instead of $3k for a competitor they can sell for $2k when they're done. For most people, the logic is just backwards as fuck.
>>
>>16838065
why is it wheelspinning but not kicking up dust?
>>
These threads fucking suck now. It wasn't enough to just avatarfag and circlejerk but now you've switched over to flat-out hostility.

fuck all of you.
>>
>>16838374
don't question JDM wizardry
>>
>>16838374
See the blur behind the tires? It's been touched up to remove the kicked up dirt to make it look like it's not having a hard time climbing the slight slope of a dirt road.

>tires on the driver side are not spinning
>open diff as fuck
>>
>>16838065
>>16838374
>>16838476
also the back driver's side tire is not moving at all, which is also perplexing
>>
>>16838782
>>16838476
the car is stationary, they just shooped in moving wheels
>>
>>16838382
every relevant general on /o/ turned super shit
>>
Any advice for babby's first offroad vehicle? I have other cars so it doesn't need to be an all around DD, but rather just for taking out on the weekends for light stuff.
>>
>>16838821

Budget?

Honestly any BOF midsize SUV that isn't too rusted out and has a healthy motor/trans is a solid start. Toyotas have Toyota tax, XJ Cherokees have Meme tax, but there's a ton of decent stuff that is very undervalued. Think early 90s Pathfinder, Isuzu Trooper/Rodeo, Mitsubishi Montero/Montero Sport, S10 Blazer, Ford Explorer, Jeep Grand Cherokee.
>>
>>16835979
Pasta-ing my response to you from the other thread, in case you haven't seen it:

Honestly, just try running it stock for a bit, or stock sized A/T tires rather. A Pro-4X frontier or TRD-OR Tacoma is no slouch offroad in terms of traction or clearance (Tacoma is def higher than Frontier). I will say that the 2nd gen Frontiers are still pretty tight in the back seat for a grown man to sit in for any sort of extended period of time. Have never dealt with 1st gen Taco or Frontier Crewcabs, I'd imagine they'd only be tighter. 2nd gen Taco rear row is about as roomy as it gets for a midsize rear row of seats.

I'd be tempted in recommending that you take a look at used half-ton crew cabs, honestly any one of the domestics will match that VQ40 frontier for mpg, although admittedly none of them are as fun to drive as a smaller stick shift midsize truck.

If you're willing to look at a few older options, or slightly higher mile options here's a few options out of left field:

1st gen Tundra: assuming frame is not rotten, and avoid occasional trans issues on early year trucks, these are about the sweet middle ground between midsizers and huge modern half-tons. 4.7L 1UZ is a great motor. Not modern V8 powerful, but usefully more torquey than any V6, and reasonably fuel efficient if driven sanely. Great offroad chops in terms of clearance, there's some aftermarket support as well.

higher mile 2nd gen Tundra: drives and feels big, but a Doublecab (like a fat extended cab) would easily fit grown people in the back, they're built incredibly well in terms of reliability/durability. The issue as with all Toyotas is crazy resale. You can buy a 2 year old Ram with barely any miles for the same price as a 5-7 year old Tundra with 70k miles.

A newer used F150 (fine one with optional rear locker) could also be a good fit, again assuming that you're willing to go fullsize truck.
>>
>>16838801
You can see the blur behind the passenger tires (really evident at the bottom of the front mud flap) where they did a bad job ad editing out the dust.
Evidence supports: tires spinning, edited out dust

You can see the bad job they did shadowing below the moving wheels trying to compensate for the dust that made the area appear lighter.

They did the same thing on the rear passenger mud flap, making the mud flap too dark and the 4WD text too bright, overcompensating for the dust they were trying to hide.

Nothing about the wheels themselves looks out of place or edited. It can be difficult to get the angles and lighting even close to matching up when doing edits like that, but it looks untouched here.
Evidence supports: tires were spinning in original picture
>>
File: IMG_2948.png (2MB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2948.png
2MB, 2000x1000px
>>16838382
totally agree
if i wanted childish shitposting i'd just go to /b/
seriously guys
why
>>
File: suburban.jpg (334KB, 1305x893px) Image search: [Google]
suburban.jpg
334KB, 1305x893px
>>16838382
It's literally one person shitting up the threads
>>
>>16839189
Dunno about lunchbox Burbfag, but Burbalade would be alright if he dropped the misguided superiority complex.
Ironically, he was a better poster when he used to trip, since going anonymous he went full shitpost mode. I think lunchbox Burbfag just follows his lead.
>>
>>16840009
The little bit of outright suburban shitposts I've seen have been obvious satire. Only recently seen burbalade talking about tires.

Which one is lunchbox burbfag? There's at least three others so I don't know which one you're talking about.
>>
Wheels for the scout came in today
>>
>>16840549
Classic look, nice. What sort of tires going on hoss?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.