[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some auto jobs that are going awawy in the next 10 years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: goodnightbluecollar.jpg (61KB, 783x387px) Image search: [Google]
goodnightbluecollar.jpg
61KB, 783x387px
I'll start with an obvious one: delivery truck drivers.
>computers drive the truck
>robots deliver your packages.
>>
>>16832596
>Milkman
Yes there is still some about, but they will soon be extinct
>>
>taxi drivers
>trash truck drivers
>>
>>16832911
>trash truck drivers

hopefully
>>
>Chrysler factory workers
>>
>>16832911
>Trash truck drivers

Yeah, no. Not anytime soon.
>>
>>16834488
Kek.
>>
>>16834520

Why do you think that? We know computers can drive trucks, and trucks already exist that don't require the operator to leave the cab. They use an arm mounted on the truck to pick up the trash can, dump the trash in the truck, and put the can back down. I don't see why a computer couldn't do that.

It's not exactly skilled labor.
>>
bad time to be blue collar anons.

get a real job
>>
>>16834556
>a hundred of sensors to do a pleb job
>doesn't even save money

Wow nice
>>
>>16834556
but I'll tell you what it is: hiiiiiiighly unionized. They will not let go of that job when it makes $80,000 a year.
>>
>>16834616

The union won't have much to negotiate with. If the job is going away all together, that's it. Look at what happened with the loss of steel jobs. Look at what happened to automotive jobs with automated plants. There's no saving those jobs, it's just a matter of time.
>>
>>16834663
>steel jobs
Steel lost its importance
>automotive jobs
That never happened outside of murika
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.