[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HD to Build 50 New Models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: WQGBgA3.png (541KB, 4876x2400px) Image search: [Google]
WQGBgA3.png
541KB, 4876x2400px
https://rideapart.com/articles/harley-davidson-plans-build-50-new-models

http://archive.is/tnm5p

>“The success we saw with the launch of the Milwaukee-Eight engine is a sign of the innovation we have in place,” said CEO Matt Levatich. “We are confident our 2018 line will also help sales. I have never been more excited about the products in our pipeline.”

>“We want to add more dealers overseas and grow riders here in the United States, reaching out to new markets including younger riders, women, African-Americans and Hispanics," Levatich told the newspaper.

Thoughts?
>>
I am a sport bike rider so my perception of motorcycle pricing is pretty much in the context of Japanese inline fours. $25k will get you the absolute best of the best (not including Ducati which is just a fashion statement anyways) but $15k~ is a more normal price range

So I was pretty fucking blown away when I saw how much Harleys retail for. It's literally some pile of shit air cooled v-twin sitting selling for $35k+. It's insane. There are no electronics, there are no cool technologies, there are no innovations, it's all just brand image. Very interesting

I would love to ride a night rod though. 240 rear tire from the factory? sounds awesome
>>
Build a scrambler for 8k or less and I will buy. Oh ya don't use that engine built in India in it either.
>>
>>16826687
> Friend buys a 2011 sportser brand new
> Summer 2012 cruising down the high way, bolt hold his clutch lever rattles itself out
> Summer 2013 the bike won't stay on
> He takes it to the dealer, they fuck his mouth with 6 hours of labor at $95hr to say nothing is wrong with his bike
> Behind him in my car less than one mile away from the dealer
> Bike just turns off again

4 Years of other problems and him bitching

> He buys a fat boy for $18k after everything

Fucking Harley fags.
>>
>>16826687
Harley is apple of motorcycles.They sell ancient Pajeet made crap for ten times what they worth.The only bike they make that's worth a damn is v-rod [spoiler]thanks Porsche[/spoiler]but even that thing is overpriced for that it is!
>>
>>16826716
>>16826716
But what about insurance? Super-sport insurance is insane, compared to a Cruiser.
>>
pro tip they have free food and drinks at the Harley dealer. I ride up on my Gsxr 1100 on Saturdays and grab free donuts and coffee.
>>
>>16828222
Depends where you live. USA doesn't have socialized healthcare and there is no law saying how much you have to insure against yourself (just others). And the potential for damage to others even on a sport bike is low. The only person you're hurting is yourself. So insurance is cheap for sport bikes (assuming you're not getting comprehensive/collision which has nothing to do with the bike itself)

>>16828267

Post pics of the 1100
>>
>>16828313
1992 polished frame looked just like the one Vanilla Ice rode in Cool as Ice.
>>
>>16828313
https://youtu.be/a2RTRk2shM4
>>
>>16828313
I for instance, want to finance a new liter bike, but I'll get raped by insurance. Because sport bike riders are dipshits who total their bikes and they are stolen in high numbers. Not my fault.
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (257KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
257KB, 540x960px
Love my Harley. I probably won't ever get rid of it.
>>
>>16828657
>price when new, 18,000
>5 years later
>resale value 17,999

how the fuck do harley's hold their value, I heard their value so well? Their twin-cam engines are fucking garbage.... does a good paint job cost that much?
>>
File: IMG_3217.png (908KB, 700x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3217.png
908KB, 700x775px
>>16826687
They want to appeal to women? But they already sell the Sportster.
>>
>>16828401
>financing bikes
>doesn't understand how insurance works

Sounds about right.
>>
>>16829686
That's literally how insurance works. Though you wouldn't know that since your bus has insurance simply included in the price of your pass.
>>
>>16826716
I feel you man. Even the new Triumph bonnies and the like come with ABS, traction control, and other assorted goodies. Whether people like it or not, it's nice to have those things on the bike, especially if you can turn them off.

>>16828222
That is true when it comes to used bikes but I'm pretty sure that the insurance on a $10k super sport is going to be very similar to a $20k harley
>>
>>16826687
Are they going to be light, fast, and agile?
If not, don't care.
>>
>>16828401
>>16831983

My point is that there is no law requiring you to insure yourself or your vehicle so claiming that you can't ride a sport bike because insurance rates are too high doesn't make any sense. The law only requires you to have liability insurance up to a certain dollar amount which protects other people from you. You don't need collision or comprehensive
>>
>>16826716
>not including Ducati which is just a fashion statement anyways

Delete this.
>>
File: 1337214132644.jpg (32KB, 385x579px) Image search: [Google]
1337214132644.jpg
32KB, 385x579px
>Harley Davidson
>the innovation we have in place
>>
>>16826687
>reaching out to new markets including younger riders, women, African-Americans and Hispanics,
These are not the people who buy motorcycles especially Harleys.The only demografic you can sink your teeth into is younger riders by reviving Buell and making a 250cc and 125cc for beginers,but good luck trying to compete with japs and their fleet of crotch rockets!
>>
>>16832373
If you finance a vehicle with an auto loan, you have to have full coverage.

That being said, liability for 18 year old Chad thundercock on a r1 is going to be massive
>>
File: 14_harley_v_indian-26.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14_harley_v_indian-26.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
>tfw no Superlow 1200T or Heritage Softail Classic
Feels bad man
>>
I'm actually pretty excited for the new Milwaukee 8 engine architecture. Knowing HD though I'm sure they'll intentionally engineer weaknesses into the valvetrain that requires a $2000 rocker arm out of the factory catalogue in order to actually have the ability to reliably use WOT.
>>
>>16832373
As others have said, if you're financing, it the bank will require comprehensive.

Clearly you've never had to finance anything in your life.
>>
File: mcchicken.jpg (12KB, 250x145px) Image search: [Google]
mcchicken.jpg
12KB, 250x145px
>>16831983
Yes, I fucking understand how it works. But the guy's complaining about how it's "not [his] fault" when the point of insurance is that the risk is pooled among a group of people so that people whose fault it isn't pay for those whose fault it is. His complaint is essentially about the concept of insurance itself.

t. autism
>>
>>16827605
what the fuck can even go wrong on a Harley? they have no electronics or anything. It's just some air cooled V twin
>>
>>16834517
The older engines are shit, and are designed to be shit, becuase Muh Heritage

http://www.jamesrussellpublishing.biz/beforeyoubuyharley.html
>>
>>16834517
Wait a minute, you seem to be assuming that "electronics" and "liquid cooling" are one the same thing.
>>
>>16834544
>the engine does not have one, but multiple fatal flaws that cause catastrophic failure

what garbage

>>16834570
not at all
>>
>>16834429
>>16833689

Ah, interesting. These banks really know how to get the upper hand on their customers.

>loan money at some absurd rate that they themselves would never offer
>money loaned is literally just loaned to the bank from the federal reserve for virtually free
>make sure they max out their insurance to minimize risk

Financing is a top tier scam. Top. Tier. No one should ever buy a new motorcycle never mind finance one. My 2003 GSX-R 1000 was $2100 and it costs me $400/annually to insure it. Of course I didn't get comprehensive or collision on an old bike with a KBB of $2000
>>
>>16834575
What makes you think there's "no electronics" and why did you relate to the form of an air cooled twin?
>>
>>16834575
Unrelated question, I know, but humor me, did you by chance Vote for trump?
>>
>>16834575
Bump for this informative poster.
>>
File: IMG_20170303_172240.jpg (1MB, 2604x1934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170303_172240.jpg
1MB, 2604x1934px
>>16833696
My dad has an flstc. It's retarded nice
>>
Hopefully one of the new models is a sportier build like the xr1200 from a few years ago.

At the very least, I'd hope for something like a factory flat tracker or standard, if not a fully fared sportbike of some sort.

For all the shittyness of Harley, I have to admit that they sound pretty cool. Having that sound in something that can turn would be enticing.
>>
>>16832373
>no law
There is in Ontario. You 100 percent need insurance, not necessarily comprehensive, but the difference is like 5-10% comprehensive vs not. My insurance was quoted as high as 8k, on average 2.5k, got it under a loophole for 1.5k.
>>
>>16834437
>previous poster shows understanding of how insurance works
>"doesn't understand how insurance works"

Which posts were you reading??
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.