[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I import this car /o/?? The website makes it sound super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170313-182614.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170313-182614.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
How do I import this car /o/??
The website makes it sound super simple, but the details it mentions are confusing and I don't really understand the process. I got a free quote and it came out to $2989.

From what I can tell, this includes the transport to Port (RORO whatever that means), marine insurance, and "local government requirements"

The total price is labeled CIF but idk what that means either. Can somebody tell me what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>16826413
links man,
they are important
>>
File: 1488482968579.gif (2MB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
1488482968579.gif
2MB, 380x214px
>>16826420
http://sp.beforward.jp/subaru/impreza-wrx/bf599514/id/721874

Right, sorry
>>
>>16826420
From what I can understand:
>Inquire about car

>Agree on price and receive final invoice. The CIF price includes everything necessary to get my car to the port. (Will there be added costs once it's there??)

>Wire agreed upon amount to random person in Japan and sebd them the TT copy as evidence (I'll have to pay a bank transfer fee at this step??)
>Give them my preferred port and name, address, and phone mumber

>They ship vehicle and send me: a Bill of Landing, which is required to drive off with the car. An export certificate, which shows the car is now legally deregistered and ready for American registration. A commercial invoice that I need to give to customs once I'm at the port? And an inspection certificate to show that it's passed inspections and is in compliance.

>Review CAP to track the car and my documents until it arrives at my port.

>Drive to Port, show them all my documents and drive off with my car (will there be more fees in this step?)

>Drive to DMV to register vehicle, enjoy JDM WRX
>>
>>16826790
The FAQ's mention a clearing agent, and I have no idea where said person comes into the picture or if there's even more costs to deal with them.. do I even need one? I'm in Florida and the port I selected was Miami btw, idk if that's useful information or not.
>>
>>16826413

If your in the us, you can't import it, not 25 years old yet.

Outside the us, just google that shit.
>>
>>16826413
Do you live in Burgerstan?

>you can't have it then.
>>
File: roro.jpg (608KB, 3580x992px) Image search: [Google]
roro.jpg
608KB, 3580x992px
>>16826413
RORO = Roll On Roll Off. A miserably unreliable, overburdened, top-heavy ocean-going vehicle designed solely to transport cars. Here's a kebab variant that I saw somewhere in the med a few years back.
>>
>>16826898
>>16826901

I don't understand, I've seen skylines and RHD EVO's here before. Why can't you import it exactly?
>>
>>16827097
Just how many R34 Skylines have you seen though? Enough to make it not that big a deal?

The imported cars that are under 25 years old that you see on the streets are most likely registered as a show car or something.
>>
>>16826413
as stated in the website all cars are in american funds USD.

the latest car you can import in the USA is 2017 - 25 = 1992 so you wont be able to drive that car for at least 10 years. RORO = roll on, roll off (driven on and off the ship) marine insurance which is a must (if ship goes down or your car falls off the ship somehow you get paid out)

CIF price is ready to drive away from the port of your choice. if you have any questions ring them or send them a email DUH!
>>
>>16827212
So for future reference, CIF, Bank transfer Fee, and basic vehicle registration at DMV is all it costs then?
>>
>>16827379
Don't forget a clearing agent who devanns, usually a GST cost of the purchase price of the car (Don't know how it's taxed for burgers), transport to compliance, and whatever else you need to do in the U.S. You should be able to find some info on a Govt site.
>>
>>16827097
You have to crash test and emissions test to the same standards as auto makers and apply for import. That only goes away at 25.

That doesn't stop people from illegally importing cars but feds have been known to seize and crush cars to set an example.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.