[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting out of first gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: first gear.jpg (55KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
first gear.jpg
55KB, 250x248px
>Rev engine to 1500 RPM
>Slowly release the clutch
>Once the clutch bites, continue to slowly release the clutch while adding gas

Did I get it right?
>>
>>16818091
W-what?
>>
>>16818091
Yes, now fuck off
>>
>not fucking slamming your clutch to the ground
pussy lol
>>
File: CTnn6hY.jpg (47KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
CTnn6hY.jpg
47KB, 500x436px
>>16818091

>Rev engine till it goes bam bam bam
>clutch in
>select 1st gear
>slide foot off clutch

This is the patrician way to drive manual.
>>
>did I get it right?
You'd know if you were stopped and started moving in a car, not by discussing it on a Vietnamese rice paddy bazaar
>>
>>16818091
*8000 RMP
**Drop clutch
>>
Now get in a diesel, put it in gear and move your foot down the clutch pedal until the tip of your shoe slips off and it releases. Congrats you are now driving down the road.
>>
>4250rpm for max torque
>dump clutch
>>
Unrelated question, but what's worse for the car: dumping the clutch or riding it?
>>
>>16818149
dumping it
>>
>Slam foot on gas
>Redline
>Put clutch to the metal
>Go straight into fifth
>>
>not putting it in 5th gear then grinding the clutch to death while limiter-bouncing

baka desu
>>
Don't be mean to your driveline by dismissing the physics of inertia and consistently dumping your clutch. Also don't rest your little feet on the clutch or brakes, Jennifer. Daddy's not made out of money...
>>
>>16818149
riding it
>>
>>16818149
You can shatter, a clutch or or drive train components dropping it.
>>
File: Pepe (1).png (6KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe (1).png
6KB, 420x420px
>>16818091
why can't americans drive manual?
>>
>Roll out of spot or driveway using clutch
>after you turn release it fully and start giving it gas
Was that so hard? If your engine is shit you'll have to rev where the clutch grabs for the car to roll I'm assuming you have over 90HP
>>
fucking newfags

>clutch down 1st gear
>3000 or more revs with clutch still down
>dump clutch
>>
you're only supposed to use the gas when the clutch is in. get up to redline and then clutch out while letting off the gas, then clutch in and step on it. keep doing this repeatedly to drive, making sure to never be on the gas while the clutch is engaged, as this can wear out your engine shaft. once you get good at it it'll be really smooth driving just like an automatic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.