[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk me out of buying a Jaguar X350 /o/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: jag.jpg (199KB, 2232x1164px) Image search: [Google]
jag.jpg
199KB, 2232x1164px
Great looks, powerful engine, RWD and aluminium body... but it would cost twice as much as a good shit box.
>>
Aren't these basically a Ford Mondeo with a bodykit?
>>
>>16813547
Never mind, that's the X-Type.

Either way,
>British electronics
>>
>>16813544
I meant X358, not X350. But they are similar.
>>16813547
I don't think this chassis is related to Ford.
>>
>>16813544

I have one, what do you want to know?
>>
>>16813638
Do you enjoy this car? How much are you spending on maintenance?
>>
File: xj300.jpg (75KB, 1023x412px) Image search: [Google]
xj300.jpg
75KB, 1023x412px
Because the x300 is superior
>>
>>16813686

I have a 2006 XJ8 NA.

It's a good cruiser, the meme about British Electronics doesn't really apply, most everything electrical says Denso.

There are a couple maintenance items:

>Thermostat, the plastic housing degrades after about 6-8 years. Not a fun job, but doable with basic tools. It was my first ever time working on ANY car, so if I could do it anyone can. PROTIP: use new hex bolts, the old ones can get fatigued from the heat. Also a tool for the hose clamps can help immensely.

>Suspension air compressor: This used to be a major pain because the whole compressor used to have to be changed, but someone is now manufacturing the worn part, an O ring, so what used to be a ~$3-400 problem is now about $25 and an hour's labor.

Other than that, the only thing I've changed is the battery and a passenger doorlock that stopped working for some reason. I've had the car for 5 years, it gets pretty decent gas mileage (I averaged ~33mpg between LA-SF), and I've taken it all over CA roads, so pretty much everything from glass smooth to moon craters. I've pretty much done all the work on the car myself, other than a wheel bearing that was changed. Total maintenance incl parts is definitely below $1000 so far. I'm currently trying to track down a vacuum leak, but that's pretty common to every car. No electrical or fuse problems to report.

If you're looking, I recommend sticking to 2006 and later for the refresh improvements. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
>>
>>16813821
The model available nearby is a 2007 X350. It's not a X358. The seller said it has the airbag light on. I'll bring a code reader.
Nice to hear that you were able to tinker on it. Which tools did you use to repair the car? Metric hex?
>>
>>16814097

Just your regular ~$100 set of tools. There's nothing I know of on the car that needs special tools unless you're taking the car apart.

I'm not sure what he might mean by airbag light. There's an airbag indicator light on the passenger side dash that turns on and off depending on if someone's sitting in the passenger seat.

Definitely look for a mechanic to give the car a go over, your generic code reader won't read custom Jaguar codes. Check out jaguarforums.com as well.
>>
File: gook.jpg (222KB, 665x782px) Image search: [Google]
gook.jpg
222KB, 665x782px
>>16813563
>X358
Get some taste fag.

Either way, the X350 platform as a whole is just a totally lost cause. The only passable car in the range is the non-facelift XJR, it looks pretty mean without looking total nigger like the facelifted one does.

Get some class and get an X300 or X308, the X350 is an enormous boat that has none of the qualities that make the previous generations good (super low looks, massive car with a tiny cabin, proper old fashioned interior etc.)
>>
>>16814528
>>16813737
X300 owners spotted
>>
>>16814721
I actually only own a bus pass.
>>
>>16813821
This is such a cozy post for some reason.
>>
>>16814918
Probably because it isn't the stereotypical response like

>LOL? BRITISH ELECTRONICS? ENJOY YOUR FUCKING HOUSEFIRES AND THIRTY GRAND REPAIR BILLS YOU FUCKING RETARDED FAGGOT, STAY BTFO!!!!1
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.