[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 66GTO.jpg (83KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
66GTO.jpg
83KB, 640x480px
where is as good place to start learning about how cars operate and how to work on them etc

not all of us grew up with father's who taught us how to work on them, feels bad...

if there's nothing good online i'll just end up taking a class or two at the local trade school I suppose, but that might not be an option for some anons so share any good sources you know of pls!

my dad owns pic related but it needs to be restored, maybe I can help with that one day
>>
File: 650hp LS7 Camaro and GT3.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
650hp LS7 Camaro and GT3.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>16807496
you dont need to take a class, thats overkill if you just want to help your dad work on his car or better your skills.

If you want to help your dad with his GTO I'd suggest reading up on some GTO specific forums or buying a manual reading everything on it and then just doing it.

example: there's this dude on youtube I watch who did a 2jz-gte swap into his Toyota Cressida all by himself, his dad taught him the basics but everything that had to do with the swap, he learned all himself through the power of the internet.

You have to look at cars like Legos, specifically the older cars.
>>
>>16807496
Also I should add, mind you I'm still learning about cars and I'm teaching myself all this shit.

You have the internet at your fingertips and there are so many automotive related forums its not even funny. So utilize your iphone/android for the better
>>
>>16807542
>>16807569
the GTO is in storage right now, there was a fire 2 years ago and it got a tad scorched, so it is a bit out of reach at the moment, would you say a 97 dodge neon counts as an older car? that's what I own and could mess around with if I wanted, obviously i'm a bit of a poorfag so nothing super expensive, but is there like, a good place to start I guess? do you think there'd be anything online about people working on them? so far I've seen people mess with replacing the stereo but that's it.

is learning car specific things a good start or learning about basics for all cars first?
>>
>>16807496

Junk yard. Go to a you pull it joint, pay the $3 or so and take cars apart.
>>
>>16807805
I feel like the latino folk around here would pick those places clean every morning by 15 minutes after opening, I live in los angeles county, but that isn't a bad idea at all
>>
>>16807790
I literally said to use the internet and yet you still didnt listen

http://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-neon-6/
https://forums.neons.org/
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
>>
>>16807496
There's plenty of videos on youtube for learning the basics.
These are worth checking out: https://www.youtube.com/user/EngineeringExplained/playlists?flow=grid&view=50&shelf_id=2
I also recommend giving briansmobile1 and chrisfix a look.
>>
>>16808195
thanks
>>16807934
been browsing the neons.org site trying to understand what parts to replace first, some of it seems complicated tho
>>
File: Dick Stands.jpg (341KB, 932x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Dick Stands.jpg
341KB, 932x1632px
Go back in time and go to a High School with an automotive class and dick around when the teacher isn't looking.
I'm pretty sure some colleges offer some classes though
I dunno, go ask yer dad to show you shit before he gone.
>>
>>16807542
Good ol' Riley. Dude's one of the good guys.
>>
>>16808473
hah yep seriously underrated youtuber I found him through More Skids.

Dudes wildly knowledgeable plus i love his taste in music.
>>
>>16808473
>>16808496
liking these vids so far I know more in a few hours than I did from my entire life lol...
>>16808254
he doesn't know that much, meanwhile his brother makes performance engines for a living. mostly for drag boats, flat bottom alcohol I think is the class, pretty big and loud that's for sure
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.