[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me Im retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Truck.jpg (58KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
Truck.jpg
58KB, 768x384px
Convince me not to do something stupid /o/
>Dad wants truck for some reason
>Dad buys shit Auto 4wd Ranger
>Turns out he doesn't like the MPG or the ride quality (wow go figure)
>Bought sedan this week
>Will give me ranger for free IF I keep the ranger so he can haul shit around whenever

This truck is beat to shit. Honestly wish I was there to prevent him from buying it. Still, Free is Free so Imma take that. This will be my new daily

Would it be retarded to sell this shit Ranger and buy a Mint Manual Ranger off Craigslist for the same amount of cash?
I'm seeing a lot of good looking examples on CList but I feel like this would be retarded to do.
>>
>>16802529
It sound like the obvious choice to get the better ranger OP.
>>
>>16802529
Sell it and buy a real truck with more power and a better ride that's the same on gas.
>>
>>16802637

suggestions? I know nothing about trucks

But my budget would be like $2000 maybe
Rangers are cheap as fuck tho so idk if Id even be able to sell my shit one for that much. Id hope the 4wd and auto would be the draws
>>
Sell it if it has the 3.0, those things are garbage.

Only worthwhile options for the Rangers are the 2.3/5 or the OHC 4.0
>>
>>16802721
damn this car is sexy

t. i am not a mexican
>>
>>16802726

I gets better anon
>>
>>16802699
Frontier is probably the better bet. Been the same body style since 2005 too so a slightly older model still looks newish. Tacomas have insane value on the used market so avoid those unless you are unable to wrench at all.
>>
>>16802699
get a tacoma
>>
>>16802765
>$2000 budget
>Tacoma
Yeah, no.
>>
>>16802915
>$2000 budget
>Truck that isn't 30 years old and completely beat to shit
Is this even possible?
>>
>>16802529
what year ranger?
the post 2008 SOHC 4.0 litres are actually alright.
>>
>>16802915
there are multiple tacomas in my area on craigslist for around 2 grand. i live in rural mississippi though
>>
Protip: SHO V6 bolts up to the 3.0L Vulcan bellhousing.
>>
>>16802529
The Nissan frontier with the 2.4l and 3.3l vg33e are really reliable
The vg33e n/a is underpowered I have a 2003 Xterra
>>
>>16802529
Rangers are bulletproof OP. It sounds like a hassle to sell and then re buy the same truck but if you think you can get one in better shape, do it. Literally no reason to buy a used tacoma when rangers exist.
>>
>>16802932

I think the frame is bent
Rust holes all over the body
Dad also claims it has unintended acceleration.
>>
>>16802765
looking at the consumer reliability reports, it seems like the frontiers are slightly more reliable than the tacomas so i'd look for one of those first instead
>>
>>16802932
>bought a fully loaded 97 3/4 ton 4x4 for $1800

>>16803136
Consumer reports don't take vehicle usage into account. If it's reported that the plastic transmission in my lawnmower is less prone to failure than one in a 1/2 ton truck, does that mean the transmission in the lawnmower is better? Absolutely not.
>>
>>16803167
>transmission
>lawnmower
Why? My blade flies around at 900-5000 rpm, no tranny. 1 cyl 4 stroke Honda.
>>
>>16803183
probably has driven wheels
>>
>>16803048
>unintended acceleration
yeah, those things are rockets. it's like the 276hp "gentleman's agreement", except they just made it out as if it were slower so blokes wives wouldn't want them going out buying a death trap. Yeah, unintended acceleration for sure. Ranger, more like fucking Power Ranger.
>>
>>16803167
i don't really get what you're saying, if you're comparing the reliability reports of two similarly sized trucks, they should have comparable usage no?
>>
>>16802721
Love it, personally I wouldve went a few inches higher with that because it would just ease your mind going over bumps and potholes.
>>
I daily a 4.0 4wd auto ranger its a 01 and i love it to death. I get 16 city and the ride is decent for me.
Why wouldnt want the ranger theyre great?
>>
>>16802529
Get a Nissan hardbody or frontier.
>>
>>16802744
Is that the 2.3 in turbo/intercooler form?
>>
>>16803048
Maybe TPS? I've got the 3.0 and the part needs to be replaced every year or so.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.