[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7th Gen Civic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gookturd.jpg (716KB, 2064x1161px) Image search: [Google]
gookturd.jpg
716KB, 2064x1161px
>brakes slightly aggressively
>car shudders and wheel shakes
wat. warped rotors?

Also 7th gen Civic General
>>
abs you absolute fucking retard
>>
>>16797149
Do you even have abs? Look on the drivers side under the hood for a metal box with like 4 pipes coming out of it
>>
>>16797172
>>16797202
It's the EX so yeah it does have ABS. I don't think it should shudder quite like it does under moderate braking though.
My mk4 jetta has ABS but it doesn't shudder like that even slamming the brakes completely from 70mph
>>
Yeah if your entire car is shaking it's not abs, abs is not that violent. Get a micrometer if you want to be sure but rotors are so cheap just do a brake job.
>>
>>16797219
ABS vibrates the brake pedal violently when activated.
If the entire car shakes, then year. Probably something with your rotors. Time to either have them turned on a lathe, or replace them if they're be out of spec after being lathed anyways.
>>
>>16797149
>warped brakes

This is a misnomer. Pretty much no street car is ever going to have warped brakes unless they see ridiculous abuse.

Any shuddering coming from the brake rotor/pad interface is from the formation of cementite on the rotors surface.

Anyone that says a cars rotors are warped is a retard unless they are running a race car on a track with heavy hard braking.
>>
>>16797219
Abs kicks in easily from brake pumping and is loud as fuck. Also you could have posted this in honda general as thats what that general is for. Few times abs kicked in in mine it sounded like fire crackers.
>>
>>16797709
this man is retarded. Ignore him OP.

Warped rotors may not actually be warped but it is the common term for rotors or drums that have worn unevenly

Saying the term "warped brakes" never happens though when you KNOW what they're referring to is just extreme autism.

And I say that as someone actually diagnosed with autism.
>>
Excessive brake disc runout is usually caused by uneven or excessive lug nut torque and is felt in the steering wheel since you have rear drums. Bad disc parallelism causes a pulsation in the pedal.
>>
>>16797829
You're an idiot

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-support/technical-white-papers/-warped-brake-disc-and-other-myths

>in more than 40 years of professional racing, including the Shelby/Ford GT 40s – one of the most intense brake development program in history - I have never seen a warped brake disc.
>>
>>16797849
>anon says the term "warped brakes" is just a term for something worn unevenly
>called him an idiot

He just said they don't actually warp. Things do wear unevenly.
>>
>>16797849

>With one qualifier, presuming that the hub and wheel flange are flat and in good condition and that the wheel bolts or hat mounting hardware is in good condition, installed correctly and tightened uniformly and in the correct order to the recommended torque specification

Forgot that bit mate.
>>
>>16797859
>anon says warped brakes is something else completely and not warped brakes at all
>still tries to call it warped brakes
>somehow not an idiot

You're an idiot.

That idiot starting slinging "retarded/autism" when he himself admitted what he was saying was wrong a he was saying it.

I accurately described what would cause pulsing from the rotor/pad interface. Its cementite, not a warped rotor. This is a factually accurate description, retards just cannot handle being wrong and continue to try to pander their retarded misnomers.

>>16797926
If someone is too stupid to properly install a wheel and rotor, that is an entirely different issue.
>>
>>16797149
>I have a problem with my car and the thread can go ahead and die once I solve it
>better make it a general
>>
>>16797984
>being this autistic
>>
>>16797149
That's definitely warped rotors. When I purchased my used Camry, I did notice the shake as well. A bit in 40mph but a lot in 50+ interstate speeds.

The moment I changed my brakes and rotors this problem instantly went away.
>>
>>16798044
>knowing that words have meaning makes you autistic

no. You're just an idiot that acknoledges the shit he says is completely flase, yet says it anyway and tries to insult those who correct your admittedly false bullshit.

Stop saying stupid shit and I wont have to correct your retardation.
>>
>>16798199
>That's definitely warped rotors.
You're an idiot.

Read:
>>16797709
>>16797849
>>
>>16798755
Whatever it is, it's fixed by replacing the rotors. Who fucking cares if it's warped or not.

Go kick my asshole. Point is OP needs to replace his rotors. Fuck you you piece of shit.
>>
>>16798905
>Who fucking cares if it's warped or not.
People who know what the word "warped" means.

cementite buildup is easily solved with rotor resurfacing and propper pad bedding. no need to replace rotors and that doesn't solve the underlying issue. That OP is not bedding his brakes properly and getting his brakes hot then sitting stationary with hot pads sitting on rotor.

No number of replaced or resurfaced rotors will fix the underlying issue if it's not addressed.
>>
File: japan2.jpg (65KB, 800x555px) Image search: [Google]
japan2.jpg
65KB, 800x555px
2/10 thread, lemme try 2 fix
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.