[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chain maintenance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: faf.jpg (116KB, 1000x607px) Image search: [Google]
faf.jpg
116KB, 1000x607px
Bike noob or whatever, couple quick questions. I’ll go more in depth later on in the post.

I had a new chain put on my 125 eliminator about 6 months ago and I gotta adjust it. I’m doing it on the sidestand, which isn’t supposed to be a problem as far as I can tell.

Do I need to pull out the cotter pin on the right side to loosen the axle nut or can I just loosen the axle nut on the other side?

I don’t get the chance to work on the bike much because I don’t really have the tools or money often enough. The last time I adjusted the chain was probably 3 or so years ago, then over the next 3 years various shit kept breaking on the bike and I couldn’t really ride it. I don’t really have the tools or memory to remember exactly how I did it last time.

All the tutorials I watch, they’re all mechanics so of course they know how to do their shit.

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>16794507
To
Long
Didn't
Read
>>
>>16794513
He's asking how to drift
>>
>>16794518
Oh.
Grab the car right in the E-brake and WANG DANG DANG DANG it.
>>
Loosen axle nut, set tension, measure both sides to ensure wheel is centered, tighten axle nut.
>>
>>16794507
k imma just break shiut and hope if i die its quick. thanks for the advice im prob overthinking it
>>
1. Pull out cotter pin

2. Loosen axle nut

I don't know what you mean by loosening the axle nut on the other side. There is only one nut holding the axle in place.

good bike choice btw. i learned on an eliminator. thing was a sick bike
>>
>>16794808
That's essentially what I'm asking. I don't have a pair of pliers to pull out the cotter pin and was wondering if I needed to pull out the cotter pin in order to do that.
>>
>>16794808
>>16795058

Puill out thje cotter pin in order to loosen the nuts on the axle so i can adjust the bike chain.
>>
>>16795058
>>16795062

Yes, you do
>>
>>16795201
ty fampo. that's what I needed
>>
>>16795058
>I don't have a pair of pliers
How do you not have pliers around?
>>
the nut only loosens on the side of the pin. get yourself a multi tool at least. Make sure your adjustment is exactly the same on both sides of the wheel before tightening back up the axle nut. even the slightest offset of the wheel can fuck your shit up.
>>
Your going to need a big wrench to break that nut loose. Make sure not to use the wrong tool and damage the nut.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.